People in North Eastern USA

I finally got to see the floor of my basement about 30 minutes ago :wacko:

Edit: So I thought rrrrrrrrrr.

Edited by Wayne S

I was stuck on Amtrak for 10 hours today as I tried to make my way from New York City to Boston. Got as far as New Haven when they told us that high tide and water across the tracks made it impossible to get to Providence.

On the home front, my neighbors had water in their basement last week.

1/8" to 1/4" across the whole basement, but its happened before around here, so everything important (kits included) was already up on bricks and was always in the back of the mind. but it has been a little unreal.

not nearly as bad as you Wayne, can't believe the mess left behind, i knew it was something when they said 25 and 95 were closed the day before every river rose in the area.

Gentlemen,Hope you all get back to normal and do not have to put up with this again.

I hope that youa re all safe and well and that there is not too much damage done to your dwellings et al.

Thinking of you all in your predicament ...

HOLMES :D

Edited by HOLMES

My apartment has exposed brick and beams. The rain was coming through the mortar of the bricks, soaking and creeping along the beams, and dripping into my carpet. Always a fun situation to wake up, step on the carpet and hear >squish squish squish<

My apartment has exposed brick and beams. The rain was coming through the mortar of the bricks, soaking and creeping along the beams, and dripping into my carpet. Always a fun situation to wake up, step on the carpet and hear >squish squish squish<

yup, that initial thought that goes through your head when you first hear that sound is pretty unforgetable

I'm hoping you folks don't get hit any harder than you already have, and that the worst is over for this round of man vs nature. Keep dry guys and you'll be in my prayers.

I hope so too. It is Sunday now and we are still getting 1 1/2 inches of water in my basement every 45 minutes :thumbsup:

Finally have a system down, the wife can handle, so I can get some sleep. Just finished having four hrs of sleep for the first time since this stuff happened. Was doing 20 minute naps before, crazy.

Luckily, I saved the furnace and hot water tank. Not sure about the washer and dryer, think they should be ok.

Edited by Wayne S