Kinetic 1/48 F-16 BM RNoAF #80-3691

Nice sisters! <_< Many people say that those Kinetic 16's are terrible but I think they are quite nice and the fit is not bad (well, maybe except for the radome and intake section).

Looking great the detailing... rock the house mate!... AOA sensors... look "polish-ed" ( <_< lol)... RNoAF Vipers (Any VIPER!! sorry too much sugar maybe...I'm a Viper FREAK!!) are a lot of fun to build, Cheers bro.

Hi it's kia here i'm just getting into F16's and i thaught that F16a's and B's had light weight landing gear with lights on the main legs, but your saying that the F16bm's have light weight landing gear with the double square lights on the front gear doors.

Just when you think you've got F16's and all the variants down to a T something else makes my head hurt. Nice pic's and model so far looking forward to seeing more. Kia from uk.

Hi it's kia here i'm just getting into F16's and i thaught that F16a's and B's had light weight landing gear with lights on the main legs, but your saying that the F16bm's have light weight landing gear with the double square lights on the front gear doors.

Just when you think you've got F16's and all the variants down to a T something else makes my head hurt. Nice pic's and model so far looking forward to seeing more. Kia from uk.

I know the feeling! I started building a year ago and NEVER thought that the Norwegian Vipers were going to be so complex! Guessing thats what you get for upgrading thirty year old planes untill basically nothing is left of the original....hehe

I can post a picture of the lights on the BM later if you like?

Finn-Ove

hey! great! You are moving forward! My BM is still in the box...ok, i have to admit: it is a kind of summer break, so much activites outdoors...mountainbiking, moto cross, hinking, swimming, f....g (oooopss - no it s a joke!)

But looks good! :jaw-dropping:

Thank you guys! I hope it will move quickly now, I have a summer break also...being a teacher is goood!!! Since it is 8 degrees celsius here and all rain building models is a great activity..... tobiK, I come to germany on the 14, will be staying half an hour from Karlsruhe, where do you live?

Finn-Ove

I live between munich and nurnberg, near ingolstadt (audi - town). It s not directly to karlsruhe, but much closer than norway! 8 degree???? Here it is 30 degree, hot and sunny, today s aproaching thunder and rain, next week should be warm 28 degree and still summer weather! You would die if you are not used to it (even for me it s hard). Yes, you are right! In my next life I ll be a teacher too...so much holidays!!! ;-)

Sure there are many holidays..but oboy there is a lot of work too! hehe....Nothing comes for free...

Now my twins are resting, the fuselages are glued together and they have got slats on..later they will be photographed and then comes the putty!!

FInn-Ove

PUTTY?????

You need some putty? I just needed some cyano for very small gaps, that s all...but I agree, the nose needs some work and carfull dry and wet fitting, but in the end it will look good! There are new resin seats from wolfpack and eduard (a bit expensive!?) for the kinetic viper...i guess I will go for the wolfpack ones to try.

Teacher: Sure, if you want to do a good job in educating the kids, then you have to make some effort!! It s more than just hammering mails into a wall! erhh...nails!!!

14th july?? You stay there for longer or just one day? Maybe we can have a beer (or two or three or...) and some plastic chat...

I thought the gap between the front and aft section is a little too visible, so I putty it...also needed some putty just in front of the air-brakes. Will get some pictures once I have sanded it down.... The noses actually fits perfect! They did not do that on my last Kinetic....

I will be there for the weekend 14 august, I am picking up a cat, me and my girlfriend also has a cattery together! Maybe we can have a chat! that would be great fun!!

Finn-Ove

Got some work done last night!

to fit the upper and lover part of the fuselage together on the two-seaters, you have to chip away a little at the bottom of the 'pit...

bottom1.jpg

For those of you not too familiar with the Norwegian BM's, note that they DO NOT have the searchlight.

bmnos.jpg

I have put some PE in the wheel wells, more will come as I progress!

PE1.jpg

This girl has proof that she is HOT!

hotsister1.jpg

To fit the intake I had to remove a large amount of plastic from the front wall in the main well:

trimmedwell3.jpg

The green line shows where I had to make the wall flush with the inside of the well-walls. After sanding with a dremel it looked like this:trimmedwell2.jpg As you can see the top of the two "posts" in the well has been totally removed. Then it fits!!

int2.jpgint1.jpg

Finn-Ove

Here's the problem you ran into.

Kinetic missed the relief cuts in these 2 structural ridges, the bulkhead then sits on top of them if they are not cut back.

It seems you got your bulkhead on straight but now it sits too high (or low,depending on how your looking at it)

It's a common oversight on the Kinetic kit.

Curt

trimmedwell3.jpg

you need to remove the 2 ridges under the bulkhead (green line)

trimmedwell2.jpg

You gotta love those Kinetic kits :crying:

Did test fit your bulkhead to the fuselage to see if it set correctly (ie: matched the contour)

I also note that the bulkhead looks as though it needs to be moved inward, does it look this way on your 2nd kit?

Curt

It seems that the bulkhead does not match the wheel well very good, and I did not scrape the bulkhead in advance, because I did not know if it would fit, it did not fit with my first Kinetic, but it could be fitting with this one, now I understand that this will have to be done every time....... That time I only used my hobby knife to carve away the plastic, and that took forever and all the other parts were groaning and almost fell off. The Dremel was a genius, as it took like 10 seconds to remove the excess plastic!

I actualy love the Kinetic kit, now that I have a couple undr my belt it is no problem to build it, it is cheap and comes with LOADS of goodies! And I think it represents the F-16 in an ok way.....

Finn-Ove

(planning to build LOTS of KInetic F-16's)

Wouldn't that be sweet.....well, first I have to finish the twins, then I have another AM on my list, 688 with old squadron markings. Then I will build a SUFA....

Finn-Ove

Hmm...not much progress today...My girlfriend had ordered a tv-series on DVD that she enjoyed much when she was young. I had never seen this serie at all but I got pretty preoccupied by this A-Team :jaw-dropping:

But I got started on something! Here is the head of the "passenger" on my second twin...so maybe quite a few of you will now know her number?

elmet4.jpg

elmet1.jpg

elmet2.jpg

elmet3.jpg

It is NOT finished...more details around the mask and stuff...just wanted to give you a sneek peek...hehe

Finn-Ove

Today I have tried some painting of the seats for both twins, detailing the seats for 691 more than 692, as the canopy will be down and pilots will be installed...

691 front seat:

sete691foran.jpg

691 back seat:

sete691bak.jpg

One of the 692 seats:

sete692.jpg

Finn-Ove

Today the cocpit was finished and the canopy msked and glued to the fuselage....pray that no frosting has occured... To my enormous annoyance I have forgot to paint the little screw on the front og the back-seat guy's helmet white!!! ARRRGH! after all those small details...

cockpit6.jpg

cockpit5.jpg

cockpit2.jpg

The air hose has got the radio wire around it

slange2.jpg

The radio wire should be black but I should have thought about that before...

sange.jpg

And then she is wrapped!

canopyon.jpg

Finn-Ove

Nice job my friend, the detailing on hemelts are great

love it, i had 3 Kinetic viper, a Delta WIP, F-16E UEA, F-16I, and i love this kits, altrought had any problems, its a nice detailed kit...

coming soon i will post my WIP here, and we could change ideas

cheers

Nice job my friend, the detailing on hemelts are great

love it, i had 3 Kinetic viper, a Delta WIP, F-16E UEA, F-16I, and i love this kits, altrought had any problems, its a nice detailed kit...

coming soon i will post my WIP here, and we could change ideas

cheers

Thank you for the compliments! I am very exited about how it will look when I unwrap everything... I will build the F-16I this fall, I love the kinetic sets...having a great time BUILDING not just ASSEMBLING.....hehe

Would love to change ideas with you! When will you build a Norwegian...?? :whistle:

Finn-Ove