Kinetic 1/48 F-16 BM RNoAF #80-3691

so, i trying to buy a F-16A to made in norwegian or netherlands colors, but like the netherlands ill win and take of Brazil from word cup, i ill made a Norwegian :whistle: , ill be my first "Alpha" Viper, coming soon i had this one here and start the buil

by now i had to finish a Stuka, F-16D, EA-6B, F-18F, all in 1/48 in progress works

cheers my friend

You should really make a Norwegian...I love the Norwegian vipers....I have planned a few more of them next year....Otherwise your list seems long, but I have seen your work and know they will be excellent!!

Keep those comments coming!

Finn-Ove

You should really make a Norwegian...I love the Norwegian vipers....I have planned a few more of them next year....Otherwise your list seems long, but I have seen your work and know they will be excellent!!

Keep those comments coming!

Finn-Ove

Oh No...my twins got SCABS....

The scab-plates are from cross-delta, very inexpensive and GREAT quality! For those of you not familiar with them I will tell the tale..

The Norwegian Vipers are still doing the Falcon-Star program, which will see them all equipped with 12 hull-reinforcement-plates. Most planes have got them now, but not all. both my twins have got them, so I put them on last night.

Cross Delta's scabs are very thin, they have a good adhesive but they recommend that you add a drop of superglue for good measure. The thing to watch out for is the large plates on the wing-roots, these split into several small parts if you are not careful, so I do recommend that one leaves this on the transparent plastic and "rubs" it on to the plane. For the small plates i just peel them off everything, hold them with a good tweezer, smear a little drop of superglue on the back with a plastic toothpick and stick them on. The great thing about the adhesive on the plates themelves is that they stick the plate on slightly, so it is a dream to move them about untill the superglue hardens....

scabs2.jpg

scabs.jpg

scabs3.jpg

Finn-Ove

An update before bed-time...

started on the burner-cans for my twins, one gets the beautiful PE the other one a little more clumsy piece from the kit...

burnercomp.jpg

burner.jpg

burnerPE.jpg

Finn-Ove

Hello Finn-Ove,

any idea where to buy the crossdelta stuff? Maybe somewhere in Europe? There will be an 962...Kinetic...AM decals...*dream*

Hey tobiK! Great too see you again....for a while there I thought I was alone in this world.....I bought the Crossdelta stuff online, at SprueBrothers.com. It is an american site, a little pricy on the delivery but great prices and service otherwise! I have one more pack of scabs, then I will have to order more...tonight 692 will get her wheels on, I will post pictures later....

Finn-Ove

Time for an update! I have been without a camera for a few days, but the twins keep rolling on....they have now got paint and wheels on! I am now doing weapons and equipment detail, see if I can photo them later!

DSC_0038.jpg

692 with her legs on!

DSC_0040.jpg

691 has also got her feet....

DSC_0039.jpg

Nozzle was painted with ALCLAD pale burnt metal

Finn-Ove

Well...moving on....I decided to try to tackle my fear this morning..here is the result...

DSC_0047.jpg

DSC_0046.jpg

DSC_0048.jpg

DSC_0050.jpg

I will trim them a little more accurately when they have settled a bit more, MA decals was very comfy to work with!...Now I am happy...

Finn-Ove

It is time for weapons detail! ...Actually it is weapons, pylons and pods...oh my.... :monkeydance: And not to forget drop-tanks of course....

Here is a picture of my converted PIDS, it now is an ECIPS...

ecips-1.jpg

Here is an IRIS-T, resin from MAESTRO MODELS

irist.jpg

IRIS-T

irist2.jpg

Sniper/PANTERA pods from Wolfpack...just BEAUTIFUL!!

wpsnipers.jpg

PANTERA from the top

WPsniper.jpg

Strangely some of the pictures I took disappeared....will take more and post, although it seems that noone comments anymore...

Finn-Ove

DSC_0050.jpg

nice! did you use any decal softerner?

Looking at the closeup shot, the MA decal did look a little grainy/pixelated. how close does it compare to the real 692?

I did use Micro SOL on the decal, but it was hardly necessary actually, as the decal is really thin but strong. I tested another large tail decal from the package on a spare tail before tackling 692, and I really had to work it with my tweezers to make a rip in it. That decal was not given any Micro SOL, and it has still laid itself very nicely into the panel-lines.

The decal is a little grainy really up close, but it is completely impossible for me to see it in the "normal" distance that I watch my model in. The stripe-decals look a little more grainy, but I will have to see them on the model before I will now. So far I am totally happy about it!

Finn-Ove

Decaling is finished....now the twins are resting in the basement, after a light spray of clear, later I will rejoice in washing these beauties....

DSC_0055.jpg

DSC_0053.jpg

Finn-Ove

wow - love the tiger tail & stripes... been tempted by a 1/72 F-16.... may do that after I complete the Dragonfly (which is turning into a scratchbuild test bed so may do the F-16 OOB, not sure which manufacturer to get, 1/72 so probably the (cheaper) or the Academy versions)

Thanx for the inspiration Sebastijan! REALLY NICE!!!! Gee...I LOVE that 692........

Saw your Vipers Seb, and commented......they are stunning....I mean.....WOW....I am in awe...truly, my builds are SO far from your standard, but that is ok!!

Finn-Ove