• 2 weeks later...
I'm in with this kit that I found at the back of the deep stash.

Models003.jpg

As you can see it has seen better days and I can't be sure if all the parts are there but I will give it a go. The glazing appears to be all there but is a little thick. Not sure what the markings will be as the kit decals are mouldy!

Is the H-20 the correct version for the BoB?

I will see how I get on with this one and may add a couple of others depending on time. :)

OK change of plan. It would seem that a hell of a lot of work is involved in converting this model into the correct version so I am canning that plan. I am still in the build though, just need to find something else to work on.

Good luck with that kit. I built this with my son who got it as a present and it was an absolute pig of a kit. Everything was warped or didn't fit properly.

I'm going to jump in to this GB also and try and replicate Douglas Bader's Mk VA that he got shot down in by converting a Tamiya 1/48 Mk.VB. I've got a couple of pics of his a/c but nothing that shows the undersides or upper wing detail so I'm going to have to wing it unless someone can help me out????? I do know that he had the 8x machine guns in lieu of the canon option so Im going to have to scribe the outer gun access panel and delete the canon. Hope this fits the criteria otherwise I'll have to withdraw.

Regards

Andrew :)

Edited by Andrew Doppel
  • 1 month later...
I was thinking of choosing one or two from the following kits;

1:32 Eduard Bf-109E-1 Yellow 11 from JG 26 Sold

1:48 Tamiya Spitfire Mk 1

1:48 Tamiya Bf-109E-3 and or E-4

1:48 Hasegawa Hurricane Mk 1

and the real long shot kit

1:48 Airfix Spitfire Mk1 (I really wanted to build this one as an early Mk 1)

Not bad one of the four I wanted to do is done. And two more well started, hopefully I'll still have time for the Tamiya Spitfire. Although the Airfix one won't be built in time.

• 2 months later...

I know, I am late to the party. But tonight I started work on the classic 1978 vintage Airfix Mk 1A Spitfire. It will just be an OOB build as I am trying to get back to my roots and hopefully rediscover what makes modeling fun again. It is also a primer for a 1/48 Airfix Spitfire I want to do for a local show next month (that one probably won't be done by this deadline and since it will be 1939 paintscheme with two bladed prop, it likely won't qualify for BoB).