:D,

I should post some General Rules for this build.

1. Basically, for the purposes of this build, if it was designed as a trainer or did or is spending much of its time in the air as a trainer it is eleigible for this build even if it wasn't originally designed as a trainer. I have already given the example of the Avro Anson which was designed as a light bomber but was very quickly made redundant in this role by circumstances. It did however make a good trainer for future multi enigned pilots, bomb aimers, navigators, radio operators and air gunners. Single seaters that were or are being used as trainers are also eligible, an example would be a single seat F/A-18A Hornet from the RAAF's 2 OCU or any other training unit in any Air Force world wide.

2. Models that are already started are eligible as long as there is still some detail work to go and the paint job mustn't have been started yet unless you are rebuilding an old model. I have an ancient Frog Miles Magister that I might enter later on that has been started and had the fuselage closed up and some top coat paint on it, (not very good I might add, so it will be removed and better paint applied). I have already cut the fuselage apart because I want to add more interior detail than is there at the moment, the person who started this kit well over 20 years ago went with just the basic Frog interior. Anything like this will be acceptable. I also have a High Planes Wackett Trainer that is complete escept for some interior and exterior detailing, canopy and paint job. This and anything at a similar stage of building is also eligible.

3. Some documented evidence of the aircraft's use as a trainer would be required. The kit's instructions would be sufficient evidence of this or if these don't show much then a photo would be a good way of documenting its usage.

4. Finally, make every attempt to get your entry finished and in by the 1st of October 2010. If you run ahead of time and feel you can get another one or more in feel free to enter them.

5. The most important rules I've left till last. Enjoy yourselves and remember, you are building these models for your pleasure and enjoyment as well as sharing them with the rest of us. So go to it and enjoy yourselves and your work and please share lots of in progress pics with us.

:),

Ross.

Edited by ross blackford
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...