The lack of Resin AM parts for 1/48 Herks (poll)

Who would buy 1/48 resin parts for Special Ops C-130s?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Would you Buy Special Ops resin parts in 1/48 for the C-130? Pic more than one.

• I want refueling pods.
    • I want MC-130P / HC-130 noses.
    • I want LIRCM / DIRCM
    • I want a current AC-130H external set.
    • I want a FLIR ball
    • I want a cargo compartment detail set for the slick!
    • I want corrected -15 engines.
    • I just build 1/72

This is a kit that has been woefully overlooked from an aftermarket perspective. It makes into an impressive model but definitely needs help, paricularly with the engines and interior. It has been around since the '80s and there must be some serious demand for detail sets for the beast.

Will

Quite a few Herks were built here on ARC last year. I think one of the reason more don't get built is because it needs so much scratch built detail. Check the gallery on the ARC home page. You will find quite a few 1/48 Herks. I kind of am directing this to Spectre resins. :thumbsup: I want to show that a demand exists! Who here has a 1/48 Herk in the stash right now? I do!

Curt

Hey Curt...I have probably 6 or so 48th C-130 kits on the shelf. I helped DEZ with a lot of the stuff on his. Some QRC-84-02 pods would be nice along with the early MC-130E beaver tail ECM components. And new tires and different drones for the DC-130E. :thumbsup:

I've got one of the DC-130's in the stash and would love to have more aftermarket for it (I'm lucky enough to have one of the old CE Pinocchio noses for it already :soapbox: ). IMHO, the first things that are needed are basic corrections and general details, so my votes go for the nacelles and interior, with the engine correction being waaaay out in front.

:thumbsup:

Mark

Hi Curt,

I have 2 in my stash, the Italeri H and J, and still lok for another H....to build a canadian and a greek Herk. I will use at least for one bird the very big PE set from flightpath, an the one with an open backdoor I plan to install LED lights inside (so that you can see all the detailing). Of course there will be a rescribing of the panellines too! Does a herk have any riveting?

I remeber there was a ski set for arctic Herks on the market and a resin company sells bulged wheels and metal gear.

Another dream would be a 48 coast guard herk - white and red - with all the coast gard stuff inside!!

(hint hint - for the decal guys out there!!!)

Sorry, I have not found any Herc parts in 48 scale! Are they hidden? And nucelar bombs are the last thing I need for a Herky!!! :P

If you would read my post I said I suggested he do his current 1/72 C-130 DIRCM in 1/48 scale. He doesn't have any 1/48 scale parts yet. I got a reply he might do the DIRCM in 1/48.

As I said you could shoot him an e-mail with your suggestions.

Curt ,

Some years ago around 2003 Cutting Edge made C-130 AN/ARD-17 Cook Aerial Tracker Antenna Radome for the NC-130A/ HC-130P/JC-130B/HC-130H/HC-130N/ WC-130H and the Fulton Recovery nose for the MC-130E Combat Talon I/ HC-130P/ WC-130H both in 1/48 scale. The only thing lacking was the Sargent Fletcher refueling pods. Since Chris , aka Chief Snake , of Cobra Company is associated with the former Cutting Edge business, perhaps he would hear our cries and help a modeler out in the near future. That is if enough of us continue to ask and show it makes good business sense. You follow my lead?

If you would read my post I said I suggested he do his current 1/72 C-130 DIRCM in 1/48 scale. He doesn't have any 1/48 scale parts yet. I got a reply he might do the DIRCM in 1/48.

As I said you could shoot him an e-mail with your suggestions.

Thank you terryt, now I got it!

You could put the Hellfire missile racks under the wings in place of the refueling pods! :woot.gif:

AirCommando- Yes I could always put the Harvest Hawk mod on this aircraft.

But I love my Classic Flying Texaco station :monkeydance:

Just this year (late last year) VX-20 dropped a refuel pod in the Chessepeak. The word on the street is,

that had just hung them after a HH test, and either bolts where not torqued or too long of bolts used. :wierdo:

Cheers & Semper Fi-Jason