Bf 109E-1, 6./JG 54, "Brown 2" (Finished)

Oh no. I hate it when that happens. I've done it many times and that split second where the model seems to hang in mid air...i just close my eyes and hope for the best.

The paint job looks great! Hopefully you can get a replacement canopy.

• 3 weeks later...

Two emails to Eduard have gone unanswered. My plan B is to buy an E-3 and use the canopy from that and then get an aftermarket E-4 canopy and build the E-3 as an E-4. I had some Squadron Thermaform at one time that I could have used to make my own but I'll be damned if I can find it. :woot.gif: Or I could just steal the one from the Trumpy kit.

I've got most of it done, will post some pics this weekend.

Edited by The Mikester

Well, Thursday when I got the mail there was good news, a package from Eduard! The bad news, rather than the "J" sprue for a 1/32 109 (the canopy section I've been waiting for) I got a "J" sprue for a 1/48 Bf 110. :unsure: Well, they tried. Another email sent, we'll see what happens. In the meantime here's what she looks like, just a few odds and ends to take care if and when the new canopy arrives.

DSCF0226.jpg

DSCF0227.jpg

The paint work truly is superb.

Yeah, back home now. DC was very hot. Had too much work and too little time. Cancellation of my flight out of Narita cancelled the one day I had for Udvar-Hazy. Damn airline.

• 4 weeks later...

OK guys, calling her done. Overall not too bad, I should have paid closer atttention to my fit at the wing roots, not real happy with it. My first attempt at replicating the ceramic insulators on the aerial with plastic was a bust too, way too big. The wheels are True Details which are too small so maybe that balances everything out. :whistle: This is a great kit, next time I'll know what to look for on the fit issues and it should come out a little better.

bf109e1_brown_2_1.JPG

bf109e1_brown_2_2.JPG

bf109e1_brown_2_3.JPG

bf109e1_brown_2_4.JPG

bf109e1_brown_2_5.JPG

bf109e1_brown_2_6.JPG

bf109e1_brown_2_7.JPG

Edited by The Mikester

I'm looking at this again and I think you are too hard on yourself. The exhaust looks really well done. How about adding a little exhaust staining?

Seriously she is a beauty. I love the paintwork on the fuselage.