1:48 B-52 Sanger vac form kit

Darius if you get one please start a build thread right away. I cannot say how amazed I am with your taming of large vacs. Great builds that truly do the manufacturers work justice.

Cheers

Mike

Hmmm...that H would look cool sitting next to the 1/48 Bone in the stash...and being a Texan, I've always thought Carswell's fin flash with the longhorn looked pretty snappy...

Jonah

Edited by Gator52

Wow, that'll be a build to watch out for!

Darius, have you built many of the Sanger kits? Do you know if they're all of the same 'quality' as the B-47?

Their website is a bit hit and miss in regards to what's in the box/bag, and some of their other products are MIGHTY tempting!

Cheers and good luck,

Denzil

A 48th BUFF is just the ticket! I can tell you though that at 46 inches, it literally would take up half my living room. But, since I have flown low level both in a D & H model, I almost have to have one. There is nothing quite like flying at 500 feet in a monster of an airplane, even if it was only from the jumpseat.

Or a 1/48 B-2. Probably a good candidate for a vac-form kit with the big wing halves. Not only that, but it might be short enough (front-to-back) that it would be good on a shelf.

Edited by RedHeadKevin
Or a 1/48 B-2. Probably a good candidate for a vac-form kit with the big wing halves. Not only that, but it might be short enough (front-to-back) that it would be good on a shelf.

I must say that I´m a bit surprised that we don´t already have it.

OMG ! ! ! ! ! ! ! That would be one monster of a kit! I would definately like to have one, but that price tag would be hard to fit in the budget. How much can I get if I mortgage my cat and the neighbor's two dogs?????

Darwin

• 9 months later...

Looks like work is slowly continuing on this kit. I've got a Special Hobby X-15 waiting in the stash to hang under this monster.

Darius- Have not "talked" in a while. I've gotten away from modeling a bit and doing more warbird writing and photography. I've been slowly donating and selling a good part of my kit and decals stash. How've you been?!

Cheers,

Chappie

• 1 year later...

Darius, I have learned it's always a treat to see your truly outstanding work. I just browsed the B-47 build and will follow the B-52 when you do that monster!

Would you do Balls-3 or Balls-8 with the X-15 or will you do a different aircraft?

I have decals for Balls-3, the Minicraft (nee Crown) 1/44 B-52, and am awaiting resin bits to convert the H to an A. The X-15 is built and waiting for it's mother :)

Edited by David N Lombard