Finished: Mitsubishi T-2 "JASDF 50th anniversary"

Ok, so I try now to show a pic...that s the status of the entry in the GB. Now I work on fitting/putting/sanding the canopy parts and preparing some cowboys...pardon...pilots. :wave:

imgp1509o.jpg

Edited by tobiK

I will build this plane OOB, because I got it for less at a model show and there s the Hasegawa kit too (and much better detailed, but even more expensive). The cockpit details are very "basic", so I decided to close the canopy and put in pilots. The Kit is from Fujimi, 1/48 scale, and has very nice fuselage details and shape. The T-2 looks really "dart-like", I like it!!! The Pilots came from a Hasegawa Phantom Kit, and after a little surgery they fit very good on the simple Fujimi seats. The original Fujimi aliens are for....whatever!!!

The fit was very good, only dryfitting and liquid glue. Some panellines are engraved others not, so I had to remove and engrave newly the panellines that crossed the glueing seams. And because it was so much fun, I made other lines new too. The pitots were replaced by steel tubes and cut pieces of needles. I will go this way making the oleos for the wheel bay doors and airbrakes too.

Some progress now. The Pilots are "washed", drybrushed and flat coatet, ready for boarding! Canopy framing Revell tar black no.06.

imgp1511.jpg

lets have a seat, gents!

imgp1512.jpg

I don t know if the japanese flag on the flightsuit is correct. For it is TLAR (that looks absolutely right! haha)

Edited by tobiK

Sorry guys to stell you the F-4C USAF...it was just a model to train my modelling skills and experiences..was a testbed for my first preshade...but I don t want to go out of topic and back to the T-2 again!

(Neverthelss thank you that you like my early airforce spooky, made of Italeri F-4J kit and converted into C. Perhaps I will post it another thread when there will be good images of that bird!)

OK...Fujimi T-2 canopy...almost impossible to make an open position OOB, so I decided to close it (I told you before...the OOB pit is very basic...so no need to look inside <_< ). The canopy front end has to be puttied to the fuselage, it was glued with a special superglue from UHU that does not affect the clear plastic.

So now...there applied huge gaps between the canopies and the rest of the fuselage. YOu can see my try to "fill it with styrene sheet. After that I sanded the canopies to fit and it s much better now.

imgp1522.jpg

imgp1523.jpg

Edited by tobiK
Ok, I try again...please feedback If you see an imagine. I make some test shots now...so I will edit later or let it delete...

here i go:

http://www.pixum.de/image/dGtpcnNjaG5lckAz...jcwNTgxNzg1.jpg

dGtpcnNjaG5lckAzNDI5ODU0MTlAMkAyMDA5MDUwMzA5MjYzOEAxMjcwNTgxNzg1.jpg

OK....I make the post preview and can see the pic on my screen.

OK...now I try a pic from another site...sorry it s not the T-2...but let s try to show you images...

private_1_23fe46b7b01b103bea179724133474eb754e5f782abfa829a9924210baf9f019l.jpg

now from imageshack:

imgp1511.th.jpg ok...this was the miniature view....now normal size:

f4cffforum.jpg

OK, so what images do you see and what not?

I hope we find a solution soon...then I will post again little progress building the T-2...aweful fit of the canopy and solving the fit issue...hold on!!! :woo:

That F-4 is gorgeous.

Only Imageshack - the rest are blank or some holder image showing that they don't allow hotlinking.

YEP! I joined imageshack now and copy and paste the image URL that s shown on the right side...using "forum". And , hey presto! there are pictures!!

Hey, do ya know what I miss? Some cool banners for the trainers GB...are there some out already?? :woot.gif:

Edited by tobiK
small tip when you upload with immage shack reduce size to forum/borad (800*600) make loading faster

thanks!! I ve done the correction now...sorry for the inconvenience!

Some progress again: installed the bad fitting canopy after adding evergreen sheet to reduce many gaps. Now it is not perfect, but I am confident. The small remaining gaps were filled with thinned white glue (thinner: ordinary water), applied with a long and fine brush. Next step was an overall wet sanding (grid 600) and spraying Tamiya primer (white). Some minor points appeared now that have to be corrected (panellines, rivets, tiny gaps, ...). So done, the fuselage got a wet polishing with mikromesh 6000, cleaning with dish cleaner and pure water. So now it s ready for the first paint: white! I will choose Tamiya white X-2, looks very clean and bright (not like revell - has a bit of yellow hue). Next colors will be Gunze H323 and H322. The wheels a ready too: colors - future - oilwash - flat varnish.

grundiertweiss.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

hi nev,

maybe possible. But I don t have any pics of B-I pilots, and what I did was looking at the Fujimi boxart...the pilots with orange suits on, the instruction told me to spray the guys orange too!

Up to now there s not that much progress...I just paintet the white surfaces and did the white paint repair job (uhhh). Now the paint is drying and is waiting for my mood to apply the masks for the next spray job (one of the blue colors).

Inbetween I did some masochism and superdetailed the main wheel well of a kinetic viper, taking the aires product as a master (but now I know, I ll never do this again...ruining my nerves for saving 10 euros - haha!!!)

Only question if building as a Blue Impulse plane, did their pilots wear orange flight suits? I thought they wore blue ones..... :monkeydance:

I believe in the 80's & early 90's, the BI team wore orange flight suits during training sessions but the blue ones during actual airshows. Then in the later part of the 90's (around 1994-1995 I think, just before switching to the Kawasaki T-4), the JASDF stopped using orange flight suits for all their pilots & started using the normal green suits. That's why you will see some BI T-2 pilots wearing the orange suits & some wearing green during training sessions. But I believe they always wear blue during the actual airshows.

• 4 weeks later...

Ahhh, guess what happend? I catched a Hasegawa T-2 "blue impuls" from ebay... :bandhead2:

The Hase kit contains the orange tanks, much better cockpit and you can open the canopy properly!

And, yes, @jackman: you are right, Hasegawa tells to paint the flightsuits in blue (for air show purpose).

Even the decals are more trustworthy from Hasegawa. So now...I sit here and I m thinking what to do...I would prefer to make the hasegawa T-2 in "Blue impuls" colors ..but what about the started Fujimi model?

I have an offer for 2 other Fujimi kits in special paint schemes from the JASDF. Maybe I buy the two kits and decide to finish my started T-2 in another nice special painting scheme...and as a second effect: I could make a kit comparison Fujimi - Hasegawa!

Thank you all for encouraging me! Of course I will finish the T-2! I put in to much effort already, but it will be another T-2 wearing a special color scheme (and the Hasegawa kit will be the "Blue impuls" bird). After tomorrow I will visit a modeller and get 1 or 2 other fujimi kits. I will take it as a source for the decals and painting instruction. The in-flight idea is not bad too! The T-2 is really dartlike and looks good...but I don't have the fuse prepared to connect to a stand, so it will be a "grounded" aircraft with the gear.

• 3 months later...

Ok, now I hope to get in the boots again...after a very busy summer due to work and other jobs (and of course some open air activities). There s another T-2 now, but I bought it only because of the stunning decals for a JASDF 50th anniversary version. The decision is made: my T-2 will be painted like this anniversary bird! I hope to get it finished the next 2-3 weeks (because the group build will end 1st oct.) Uhhh!!!

imgp1628r.jpg