Finished: Mitsubishi T-2 "JASDF 50th anniversary"

Yeah, what a luck to get a commendation from Sir Holmes! So especially for you I managed to get the Coldstream Guards to watch my T-2 :thumbsup: !

imgp1723c.jpg

Now it's on its own "feet"! Airbrakes, nozzels and a few tiny antennas are still missing. Uncovering the canopy will be one of the last jobs (and I hope I won't get a bad surprise).

imgp1724.jpg

The finish line is in sight! Just done the flat clear coating of the anti glare shield and the elevators, repaired the suffered blue parts and all the tiny antennas are glued and painted! This evening will be the gloss clear painting! And then...tataaaa...the masking of the canopy has to come off!

imgp1732c.jpg

Yeah, looks really good with Tamiya clear on! But....Murphy strikes again: INSIDE the canopy there is dirt/sprinkles on the glass...INSIDE!!!!!!!! It was a hell of work fixing the canopies (just read my posts before)...and now...I have to decide to take the big hammer or to try to remove the canopy, clean and try to fix it as good as it will be possible. What to do?

imgp1733.jpg

Now I need a HUGE chocolate and a cup of sweet coffee...

Now I want to call it "finisheds" after the operation "clear canopy". I removed the forward canopy and took a special brush to apply VISS glas&flaechen (the same as windex, I think so). I cut off an old heller brush and glued a piece of wire on it to get a flexible hold. Now I was able to reach every corner inside the canopy parts, the VISS was really good: it removed the old dirty future coat. After that I applied a fresh clean coat of future. Assembling the canopy part again, sanding, painting...and the rest of some parts like the airbrakes and wheel well covers.

@ HOLMES I hope you are not offended by mentioning you and my salute to the guys from UK!? :lol: :worship:

Only a few pics on the workbench...I will try to take some nice pics soon, but not on the bench!

imgp1736t.jpg

imgp1735.jpg

Also thanks for encouraging me to finish this project!

And a "get well" to Ross again, I hope he will stay in shape and have fun on his workbench again many times!

imgp1734.jpg

• 1 month later...