Downloadable jet noise?

A long while back, before my HD died, I remember visiting a site that played the sound of an F-8 Crusader spooling up and going to full mil power. Can't find it now, but my question is, is there a site that I can download such sounds? (Without infecting my PC!)

Would be cool for an aircraft carrier diorama at a show! So would also need helo sounds, catapult launches, "NOW HEAR THIS" announces, and so on. A few tower to plane r/t transmissions would be cool too!

over to you guys!

Not much help with the jet noise, other then this recording I did of a C-5 on final throttling-up just as it passes overhead. Pretty neat even if it won't work for your carrier display. Although that might make for an interesting carrier approach… :thumbsup:

There are quite a few sites out there that have recordings from radio scanners of myriad types of military air stuff. Just Google for "milcom recordings" and that should keep you busy for a while.

:bandhead2:

Mark

Edited by mkimages

Here's a great WAV file with carrier sounds. Has the announcements to prepare for launching aircraft, etc.

http://forum.combatace.com/files/file/2208...-chatter-final/

You'll have to register to download it. The file is an add-on for the game "Wings Over Vietnam." The file you need is the named CVNAmbient.wav

If you'd like, I can email the file to you. PM me. :wave:

• 3 weeks later...