Chile receives its first KC-135E!

The Fuerza Aerea de Chile has taken delivery of its first KC-135E (of a total of three). This is ex-57-1501. If any Chilean modelers are reading this, I'd love to know what the details of the flag and the small insignia on the nose are!

Muchas gracias!

J

http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-phot...6/2/1669264.jpg

Hotlink to image removed due to Airliners copyright rules - ARC Mod Team

Edited by moeggo
I saw it last week, here in Santiago. It was just painted. I can post some photos if you want.

Please do! I'd like to see what the emblem below the flag on the nose is. Also, do they have the Chilean shield insignia on the wings. I know the serial is on the wings, so I assume there's a grey on grey shield as well on the opposite wing.

Tks!

J

Hey what's Chile's main CAP airframe then? F16's i suppose? never really thought about it.

and please - no smart *** reply redirecting me to some website full of good info or another thread I should have read before asking a question.. just a simple answer for a curious question will do.

thank you!

Shark

ghobe' qab Hol

Which, if you aren't up on your Klingon, means "No bad language"

And I mean it.

Al P.

Moderator with access to various translation engines, thank you very much.

Price I suspect. It's pretty expensive to upgrade a 135 to R configuration, and the USAF isn't letting go of any of theirs. So the E was the next best choice. It's still a lot more efficient than an A model!

And just because it's 50 years old (in this case, 55) doesn't mean it's not a bitchin', fuel totin' mamma. After all, some of us are looking hard at 50, and we're still going strong!

J

Hotlink to image removed due to Airliners copyright rules - ARC Mod Team

I thought it had been decisively determined that linking like that was *not* against any established rules of copyright law in the US? That was my understanding. It wasn't used in any commercial way, and no money exchanged hands for anything in any way related to it. I'm pretty sure the US courts have ruled that that kind of use isn't a violation of any copyright due to the fact that it's posted on the web. The author's copyright was left intact, so full credit is given. If it's posted, it's in the public domain is the gist of what the court decision says.

J