RUSH getting ready to tour again this Summer, plus new album, and docu

ARC's favorite band is oiling up the road machine up AGAIN. The tour kicks off in July and goes through October. If the last tour is any indication, they will take the holidays off and do additional dates afterwards. Also, you can almost be certain there will be a DVD as well.....released just in time for Christmas 2011.

You guys of course realize the same thing that is fueling the model industry's success is fueling this band......they are catering to boomers who grew up with them. They are one of the few bands left from the 70's/80's who remained active throughout and have continued to put out quality music. Plus they have lots of touring experience and are top flight live musicians. Aerosmith might be another, but even though Aerosmith has broader appeal, I don't put them at the same level musically as Rush.

Here is the link....

http://email.rush.net/tour/

Edited by DutyCat

I hope they come back to Northeast Pa again. I saw them a couple years ago at Montage Mountian here in Pa, WOW A FANTASTIC show, they played for almost three hrs and they opened with Tom Sawyer, way to cool, having played the drums I kept my eye on the Professor, Mr Neil Peart the GREATEST drummer of all. " All the worlds a stage we are merley players preformers and portreyers."

Edited by 71roadrunner426
Why, why not in Europe!

If I remember correctly, during the last tour they added a bunch of dates once the tour was already under way. Keep checking their website for the latest info. Im keeping my fingers crossed for an Atlantic Canada show, they havent been down this way since the 80's. We've had the Stones, the Eagles and AC~DC here in Moncton over the last few summers, I think we could handle RUSH!

On their website it states they will be playing the complete "Moving Pictures" album!

RUSH.jpg

OK, Rush will be doing the entire Moving Pictures Album now I am listening to it right now as Iam typing, Witch, Hunt Vital Signs and The Camera Eye live, I can't take much more, going to Philadelphia when they come in Summer, 5th time for me seeing Rush, and like a fine wine they get better with age. Rock on Rush

Edited by 71roadrunner426

Moving Pictures is solid throughout, one of the best albums ever.

I also saw mentioned in the press release that some "new" material will be in the show. So far as I know, the new album is nowhere near done, so this tour may feature a couple of songs they're working on. It certainly will not be a traditional "album release" tour. Although when the record is done, I am sure we can expect that as well.

I think the band realizes its key to longevity is to "just keep swimming." If you stay on the sidelines too long, you lose your edge. A year and a half is long enough. Plus, they are becoming so popular now amongst rock boomers (as I said before, there is hardly anyone left who can still do it well...remember The Who's decrepit performance at the Super Bowl?) that there is good money to be made. Rush packs shows wherever they go, except maybe here in Jax, as it is a redneck town. For most folks around here, if it ain't Skynyrd, Marshall Tucker, The Outlaws, or the CDB, then a good country band will do. In this area, Rush lyrics and musical complexity go screaming over the horizon like a supersonic B-52. Rush came in here during the last tour and I estimate sold 6-8000 seats in a 12,000 seat arena. Someone like Kenny Chesney sells the place out.

Excuse me, Iron Maiden is ARC´s favourite band.... :thumbsup:

Iron Maiden is my Favorite, but I'm partial to the original lineup Di'anno, Stratton, Murray, Harris and the great Clive Burr, The first Maiden and Killers GREAT, Ya I know Adrian Smith was on board by Killers, then Number of th Beast WOW add Dickenson well enough said but losing Clive, well I wish he was still there. and he is fighting his disease. Up Thier Irons, long live Eddie and Maiden, by thwe way saw them 7 times starting with the Powerslave tour.

Excuse me, Iron Maiden is ARC´s favourite band.... :thumbsup:

I don't think so. Rush gets more discussion on this board than Iron Maiden.

I think we should have a poll, but I don't know how to make one!!!! Do you?

October 1st at the Ford Amphitheater!!!

YEAH a little hot in the sun there But still a good venue

Gonna get better seats than I got for R30...

YES YES YES may take If I can, My Nikon!!!

William G

Love both Maiden and RUSH (maybe RUSH by an edge). Still trying to figure a way to get tickets to Maiden when they come here in June. And I hope RUSH adds some Western Canadian dates to the tour eventually. Feeling left out by the trio that they didn't post any Western Canadian plans.

Just reading this thread made me fire up the stereo and start listening to Hemispheres, which is still my all-time favorite Rush album. I'm a bass player and have spent countless hours learning from the Master! These three guys changed my whole world back in the day and it continue to do so.

Honestly, I don't understand how can Maiden be any close to mighty Rush. IMHO Maiden's last 4 albums are permanent self-copying with Harris' signature A-F-G-A harmony - boring.