Got to see perhaps one of the last flyovers by an F-15 with the TY tailcode during the Tigers opening day celebration. With the group being closed down,perhaps that was the last to be seen? Very cool to see,loud,low and slow!! USAF :bandhead2: !!!

That's really cool! I was really hoping to get downtown today, but work got in the way! Had to go all the way out to Adrian to visit a prospective customer this afternoon. At least the Tigers won the home opener! Go Tigers!

Did you manage to get any photos?

Unfortunately Sean doesnt ever get to take any photos. He gets so excited about seeing aircraft, he just stands there wetting himself....sad really....

Wierd coincidence: The wife rear-ended a truck with a metal wheelchair ramp on it yesterday and broke my "Mr Bones" tag from Tyndall. I guess she was so ****** they are leaving she decided to destroy the tag.....I said it was just not watching what she was doin.....but she said she DID watch the whole thing...... :bandhead2:

-Jim

That is one of the reason why the military should be more visible in and over communities. But as we discovered here in NE Wisconsin, during a training exercise where the state's F-16s flew over Oshkosh there were a couple dumb butts who thought there was danger of the aircraft dropping bombs by accident. Considering they weren't even carrying any! But this vocal minority managed to force the WIANG and NG to stop conducting their training exercises near such communities. Yet this vocal minority seem to embrace the fact that Oshkosh holds the worlds largest air show for a week and aircraft of every shape and size, both civilian and military fly in/out and perform.

As a tax payer I like to see what my money is paying for! Considering there aren't any active bases near me, one starts to miss the sights and sounds of the tools that help secure our freedom.

These same people probably won't ever own a car with OnStar, thinking the gov't is monitoring their every move. You could probably have told them, to expect the jets as they were practicing for the opening ceremonies and they'd forget the day of the game and duck and cover!

A helicopter that the power company uses to inspect high tension power lines created some phone calls to 911 this week. Seems people thought it was crashing as it slowly followed the power lines. They do this several times a year, duh! They check for hot spots, stray voltage and any potential obstructions or hazards on the ground along the line. It flies right past my house...I look at it as a great photo op!

n23wkinspecting5.jpg

n23wklightpole5.jpg

Sometimes they use other aircraft...again photo ops!

N968TCoverhead1-1.jpg

pipelineoverhead.jpg

I heard a few interviews on the radio about the practice fly overs. One 72 year old guy said he evacuated his building because he thought there was an attack,and that idiot "Peggy" wasn't sure if she should seek shelter in her basement. Such drama! People are just getting a bit overly sensitive and dumber. Do they really think some foreign power is going to send jets to attack Detroit? :cheers:

There was the time the flight I was leading was composed of Russian bombers flying over this lady's house in Minnesota at fifty feet. At least that was her impression.

Regards,

Murph

There was the time the flight I was leading was composed of Russian bombers flying over this lady's house in Minnesota at fifty feet. At least that was her impression.

Regards,

Murph

Now that is just funeeeee!!

-Jim

Are you frikken kidding?! :)

No we were flying aginst the Duluth unit, and this lady called them up saying Russian bombers went over her yard at fifty feet. I guess her yard was a navigation check point for the Dalnaya Aviatsiya.

Regards,

Murph

Well living in Superior Wisconsin, I can tell you the Duluth people are pretty dumb. Seriously though, check out the duluth craigslist rants and raves from time to time, there is a group of people that are convinced that C-130's and KC-135's that come in and out of Duluth are carrying secret chemical warfare weapons, and the contrails from the aircraft flying overhead are the same planes, deploying said mind controlling agents and other nefarious things.

Seriously, there are people in Duluth that believe this.

Well living in Superior Wisconsin, I can tell you the Duluth people are pretty dumb. Seriously though, check out the duluth craigslist rants and raves from time to time, there is a group of people that are convinced that C-130's and KC-135's that come in and out of Duluth are carrying secret chemical warfare weapons, and the contrails from the aircraft flying overhead are the same planes, deploying said mind controlling agents and other nefarious things.

Seriously, there are people in Duluth that believe this.

I met one, used to be my neighbor. I always said there was something odd in the water and these people all drink from the same well. The one with the outhouse not six feet away.

One neighbor once wrapped aluminum foil around his house each time the space shuttle was about to launch. When he wrapped it around his fence the next door neighbors all called the cops for a "welfare" check. He was gone for about a month. No foil outside the house anywhere, but some report seeing flashes of reflection from the inside. Glad I moved closer to the airport, at least I'll get to see the alien ships as they're landing. :salute:

I heard from the gal who cuts my hair her neighbor who lives on the other side of the airport from me stands in his yard or runs out and yells at the airplanes as they depart or arrive. He even occasionally calls either 911 or the airport manager to complain. The airports been there for 50+ years, he's only been there for 20. He too has been visited by the authorities on occasion.

Oh well you can't lock'em up and you can't shoot'em. So we just watch and laugh at 'em.