Polish "Air Force One" crashed

This mornig Polish "Air Force One" crashed near Smolensk airfield. On board there was President Lech Kaczynski, his wife Maria nad many people from Polish authorieties - Parlament Members and many others. Also highest Army Staff memebers were on board.

They were going to Katyn to visit cementary of Polish Army Officers murderd by NKWD in April 1940.

Unfortunately nobody survived crash.

For me and I think for all Poles this is huge tragedy which stay in our memeory for a very long time.

What a shock. I wondered immediately which aircraft it was when I learned the news as I have seen "101" on several occasions. Most recently on January 17th, 2010 in the Dominican Republic during Haiti support. Here she his being pushed back right in front of my C-130. I'm took this photo from the forward escape hatch.

My prayers are with you.

Mark

IMG_0980.jpg

We were very saddened when we heard the news. We are very strong with our Polish heritage, in our community and holidays. My thoughts and prayers are with my Polish family, friends and those through out Poland.

This accident is a horrible thing to happen to the Polish Nation and people. Losing so many of the top leaders will be difficult to overcome, but I am sure it will occur, especially with the help from many friends and other nations. My sincerest condolences to families and friends of the deceased.

Darwin