Revell HH-53C options?

I have the ole' Revell 1/48 HH-53 kit to play with, what are my options with it? I don't have a big budget, just want to give it a little more life than OOB. Are there any decal options? Anyone have left-over Academy Ch-53 parts I can integrate onto it, especially interior stuff? I think I would still like to do it in the CSAR role with the camo but the kit decals are rough. The Jeep and howitzer have another mission, won't be on this flight.

Thanks,

Chris

You can add some resin to it from Cobra Company, make it a MH-53J Pavelow, or you could make it a USMC CH-53D. The USAF also used a grey HH-53, it wasn't always in a SEA camo.

Here's one on Brit Modeller. IIRC, the pictures were posted here too, but the brit modeller link came up first...

HTH,

Austin

There's a decal sheet out there (superscale or microscale maybe?) with USAF CH-53's and one of them is gray with colorful markings for some unit from Hawaii (maybe). I think it used to capture film canisters dropped from satellites.

How'd you like to have that mission? Catching something parachuting from space with a helicopter.