Revell 1/72 F-16 Mlu "Tigermeet 2009"

• 2 weeks later...

A heads up - according to the site of a big Dutch LHS, it is now in stock. I won't have time to hit the town today, but will check somewhere next week.

Cheers,

Andre

Allright - I just picked one up. Cpoud, the canopy is tinted yellow, albeit somewhat more subtle than in other boxings I have - it looks workable.

The decal sheet ("printed in Italy", for the connaisseurs) is very nice indeed - I can imagine the sheet alone costing more than the €13 of the entire kit. It is larger than the box, however, and due to the bending this necessitates one of the big wing decals has cracked somewhat... hopefully it won't break up whenever I actually get around to building, painting and decalling the thing...

Cheers,

Andre

Allright - I just picked one up. Cpoud, the canopy is tinted yellow, albeit somewhat more subtle than in other boxings I have - it looks workable.

Andre

Noooooooooooo !

Revell simply don't want to let me build one of their F-16 :thumbsup:

Is the Tigermeet option the only option in the kit? Or did they manage to squeeze a normal one on the sheet too?

Nope - just the one scheme.

But like I said, the sheet doesn't fit the box as it is.

Noooooooooooo !

Revell simply don't want to let me build one of their F-16 :thumbsup:

Well, with a layer of Tamiya Smoke it should look decent. I would prefer a nontined one as well, but I've seen worse in RoG kits...

Cheers,

Andre

Andre how many AMRAAMs are in kit? i will go for one, because here in Croatia you can find hundreds of F-16Bs, but find any of single seater is really hard, even impossible!

Edited by mario krijan
Andre how many AMRAAMs are in kit? i will go for one, because here in Croatia you can find hundreds of F-16Bs, but find any of single seater is really hard, even impossible!

Hey Mario,

there are two clipped AIM-120C's in the kit, as well as a pair of AIM-9L's and three external fuel tanks.

HTH,

Andre

uh, bit of a fail that the sheet is bigger than the box...

I've sliced off the stencilling on the bottom of the sheet (which you can hopefully view on my crappy cell pic) and it now fits back in the box without bending.

Still good to have the MLU available again. Now when is the CJ coming out again.

Since the 'C is a righteous money cow for RoG, I'd expect a reissue sooner than later.

Cheers,

Andre

What a superb scheme! I hadn't really planned on doing any F-16s but when I saw this one, my mind was changed pretty quickly!

This kit has been popping up on eBay. I came across it a few days ago. So either the sellers already have it in hand, or it must be on the way to them.

Did anyone see this new Tornado scheme for the Italeri 1/72 kit? It comes with a jar of paint for one of the custom paint scheme colors. Unless Italeri has repopped the Revell Tornado under their label, I thought about picking this one up and then grabbing a Revell Tornado kit to use in place of the Italeri one.

Beautiful decal sheet and a great scheme!

Edited by Big Kohona