KV-1's "Ehkranami" finished

The KV- series has always interested me, no more so than the extra armoured KV-1' s "Ehkranami"

Trumpeters kit is a fine kit to build, with no real issues. I replaced the barrel with a much more refined turned aluminium one and a set of Eureka XXL's fine copper tow cable with resin ends. The kit has horrid tow cables made from the same material as the tracks.

I was concerned with the decals over the pronounced appliqué armour bolts on the turret sides but as per usual the decals performed flawlessly with the aid of some Microsol. A further wash toned down the white lettering.

The tracks are very nice indeed but suffer from the usual Trumpeter flaw of not being agreeable with any form of adhesive except for clamped or pressure applied CA. I used black thread after cutting off the ends. The black thread is thin and can be hidden under a road wheel and subsequent base features. I used fine wire drilled through the low chassis to allow the track to have some sag, though the result was not exactly as I hoped for.

Painted using Vallejo, followed by oil washes, filtering and dot filters. MIG pigments finished off the weathering.

kv1s-ehkranami-01a.jpg

kv1s-ehkranami-02a.jpg

kv1s-ehkranami-03a.jpg

kv1s-ehkranami-04a.jpg

kv1s-ehkranami-05a.jpg

kv1s-ehkranami-07a.jpg

:)

MikeJ

• 5 months later...

I was thinking that the treads/ruinners looks very REAL like they were actual metal runenrs...GREAT work Mike.

The weathering is FIRST class and the painting is flawless and SO neat..

Blooming heck Mike , its a BEAUT mate... :yahoo:

HOLMES :worship::worship: