Hey I have a weird question.

How hard would it be to put my name on my F-14? When I was in the Navy thats what I wanted to. I wanted to fly the Tomcat. I think that would be awesome to have my name on the bird. If its not too hard, who could do this for me, and how much would it cost do you think? Thanks guys I know I can count on you to answer this question.

How hard would it be to put my name on my F-14? When I was in the Navy thats what I wanted to. I wanted to fly the Tomcat. I think that would be awesome to have my name on the bird. If its not too hard, who could do this for me, and how much would it cost do you think? Thanks guys I know I can count on you to answer this question.

Easy way would be a .005 pen, write it on then seal it.

I used testors decal maker and put my sons name on the side of the cockpit, his intitials for the tail code, and his birthday for the serial number. What 10 year old does not love the thought that the airplane is all about him????

You can still do things like that in white. If you can still find the old typewriter correction tape, you know the white paper you placed over top of your typo, then hit the key again. I know some ppl may still have a roll or two in the back of thier desk drawers. I've used it successfully to write graffiti onto rail cars, and a few scale bombs. Failing that, you can get some nice coloured pencils in any colour you need. (even white and silver) Get the expensive ones, they will last you a very long time in the modelling tool box, and are great for other things around the cockpit too

If the color is non white, you can print it out on decal paper. I made the names on my S-3B. If you need whites or metalics, you will have to get someone with an ALPS printer. A few here do that like Fireball model works or Draw Decal.
I used testors decal maker and put my sons name on the side of the cockpit, his intitials for the tail code, and his birthday for the serial number. What 10 year old does not love the thought that the airplane is all about him????

Or you can go one step beyond that and put your name on a decal sheet with all the other pilot names on a production sheet. I did that on the Experts choice decals of the Oklahoma ANG F-16's, sheet 48-050.... :monkeydance:

The decal paper is probably the best option but failing that...

I've used clear Avery mailing labels through an inkjet printer to do this. Using MSWord or similar program. For 1:48, I usually used a 6 or 6.5 pt Arial font.

You have to trim very close to the print, and I've often had to make multiple attempts to get it to look right but it can work.

-Mike

I bought the $7 testors decal kit some years ago and used it to put my wife's name and our anniversary on a star trak ship I built once. It took a few tries to get the size right on regular paper then I printed out on the one of twi small sheets of decal paper that came in the kit. To this day my wife regards it as a bizarre display of affection that no one else has ever tried to duplicate. (at least among her friends' husbands)

Would anyone be interested in doing this for me? I am not good with a pen, and I dont have a printer. Please I would love to have this option on my F-14D. Thanks again!

THere was a VF-84 Tomcat from Hasegawa and a couple decals makers that had a name VERY close to mine to begin with. I cut one "L" out of the last name and voila, my name. Wrong rank of course but who cares?

Leading edge modern Hornet sheet came with letters to make any name you want, so both daughters names are on my 1/32 CF-188B.

jman:

Hey! Weren't you supposed to start a new job today? How did that go?

alvin5182

Actually I was supposed to start on March 8th, but they pushed the date out until April 12th. I have sinced started my job, and think I am going to love working for this company. Thanks for asking.

Edited by JMan