New 1:48 Bf 109F-2 from ZVEZDA

this really does look very very nice, any idea on a possible timeline for the F-4? if these guys plan on doing a spate of 109s i may well stqart up a full series collection, also is that the stock cockpit in the photo, or an aftermarket piece?

also is that the stock cockpit in the photo, or an aftermarket piece?

The cockpit is mostly from the box, except for the instrument panel (I took it from Hasegawa kit), and I added seat belts (lead foil with Waldron belts) and some wire.

Sergey.

Hi all,

I've got my Zvezda Friedrich today and boy....it's a little beauty worth every penny :thumbsup: !It's on the same league as Tamiya's and Accurate Miniatures' bests and equals Dragon's new Bf110 in terms of detailing!There are a few areas that should be investigated (dust filter and prop),but I've seen on the net that a new Russian AM producer called ZIP has already made a correction set for this kit (that can be found on eBay),which includes prop blades,reworked filter and hollowed out exhaust stacks in two versions.

IMHO the only things that this kit needs are PE rudder pedals and a little wiring to the engine and it would surely shine!

Zvezda's just started to make sweet little gems and I'm looking forward to a G :wub: :wub: :wub: !

Cheers

Manny

Edited by Canuck63

does the kit include options to make the plane as a tropical F-2 or are you limited to default eastern/western front models. I want this kit very badly, just holding off for a few weeks to see if anything else in the pipeline emerges as im a huge F-4 and G-2 fan.

There is not tropical filter in the F2 box.

As stated above, looks like that the next release will be an F-4. No details if trop. or not.

But this is not a big issue, IMO.

Quickboost has a really good one in catalog.

...and the ZVEZDA 109F2 is too beautiful to leave it in the shop! B)

Cheers

Paolo

Hi Moofles,I'll quote Paolo in full on this one:

There is not tropical filter in the F2 box.

As stated above, looks like that the next release will be an F-4. No details if trop. or not.

But this is not a big issue, IMO.

Quickboost has a really good one in catalog.

...and the ZVEZDA 109F2 is too beautiful to leave it in the shop! :worship:

Zvezda kit's too nice to be left on your local HS's shelf!If it's a "trop" you're after then get yourself a Quickboost trop filter for the Hasegawa F2 and (happily) live with that.Turning it into an F4 wouldn't be that hard either!

Cheers

Manny

• 3 weeks later...
Check their webpage here: http://olimpmodelsgroup.com/

They have a listing of stores selling their decals.

I just bought two of these kits and now I see that all the individual aircraft I wanted to do is included in that great sheet! Of to order... :jaw-dropping:

And here it's annonce of the next sheet from Authentic Decals Bf109F-2 on the eastern front:

http://scalemodels.ru/modules/forum/viewtopic_t_22964.html

Sergey.

With the ever increasing prices of kits these days Zvezda is a breath of fresh air! I got their La-5FN kit for $15!!! (from LHS - not and auction or discounter) and it is just as accurate, fits just as good, and is a heck of a lot more detailed in all the usual problem areas as the big Japanese manufactured kits. Full engine and weapons bays! Way to go Zvezda!!!

LHS has a few of the ARK kits in - A Hurricane and a couple of Yak's. They aren't sealed in plastic so I took a peek in - they look really nice too! Lots of detailed parts, good quality plastic, nice fine panel lines etc. $30 retail right now but in a month or two they'll be down around $20 for what Tamiya would charge $49 for the same thing - maybe just with a jerry can and a figure thrown in...

-t

• 2 months later...