J-35Oe Draken (Austria), Hasegawa 1/48

Hi!

I recently finished my Austrian Draken from Hasegawa in 1/48.

The aircraft was built largely OOB, but a few PE parts were added (I bought the Big Ed set and the Aires cockpit for another build, and so I had some parts twice.)

The kit is fine, but the decals are incomplete (missing stencils and badges) and wrong (swedish stencils instead of german). The correct stencils were provided by Walter Bauer from the German Flugzeugforum, and I had them printed by a printer service.

The Sidewinder rails were made from the kit's Falcon-pylons (Austrian Drakens never carried these) and some F-14 Sidewinder rails.

The Hasegawa paint instructions are wrong and incomplete. The cokpit color of the Austrian Drakens ist light grey, the headrest of the ejection seat is green. The main struts of the landing gear are dark green.

Maestro Model pitot tubes were added.

The Model was painted with Alclad and Gunze acrylics.

Weathering was done with Pro Modeller's Wash, a gel pen and a little bit pastell on the belly.

gall_24_001.jpg

gall_24_002.jpg

gall_24_003.jpg

gall_24_004.jpg

gall_24_005.jpg

gall_24_006.jpg

gall_24_007.jpg

gall_24_008.jpg

gall_24_009.jpg

gall_24_010.jpg

Very nice Draken, Markus. I was going to do mine in the special scheme until I heard Hasegawa didn't get the large decal correct such that it would sit properly on the model. Mine will be done as yours. How would I go about getting the correct stencils and badges as you have?

Cheers,

Tom

Thanks for all the nice comments.

How would I go about getting the correct stencils and badges as you have?

You can ask Walter, he is on this Forum as "BauAir"

Greetings

Markus