Loving this build. Can't wait to see more. The attention to detail is astounding. I will definitely use this as another resource when I get around to my Su-7s.

Cheers,

Dave

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks everyone for the kind words!!!

Here a small update, but an important one, because it´s time for painting :thumbsup::woot.gif::crying2:

Black on the canopy, and instalation of the pitot tube, wich seems a medieval weapon :wub: , a lot of putty, filing and sanding was needed in order to achieve an acceptable fit...

P1100018.jpg

Then it was forward for a green session on the radar radome

P1100022.jpg

Finally, i started with the main painting scheme, and sprayed the yellow on, over several coats of white, or else, as you know, it´s extremelly dificult to achieve the desired density on the color...

P1100033.jpg

I hope you like it as much as i do!!! It´s not perfect, but it´s proving itself a hard challenge, and an opportunity to develop my skills :coolio:

My best regards!!!

José Pedro

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all, and thanks for the feedback!!!

Sebastijan, it was a risk i decided to take, cause a pic that i have from an indian Su-7 suggest a very dark color. i´m preparing myself to live with it! :salute:

Althoug the kopro instructions advise you to paint all of the "front" in yelllow, i found a couple of pics that show a black "stripe" on top of the fuselage, before the canopy. I masked it and gave it a layer of gloss, to increase the performance of the masks:

P1100036.jpg

And then i proceeded to pre-shading with XF-1

P1100037.jpg

P1100038.jpg

My best regards!

José Pedro

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all!

here´s the latest update. Phase one of painting is ready!

After talking with a great friend that knows a lot about painting, i´m beggining phase two...

Goal: Achieve a sun bleached, humidity eaten black scheme of this indian bird...

As you know, feedback and criticism most welcomed!!!

P1100064.jpg

P1100065.jpg

P1100069.jpg

P1100071.jpg

P1100073.jpg

P1100077.jpg

José Pedro

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone! Thanks for the kind words!

Paulo Simas e Pacheco, muito obrigado pelo vosso apoio!!!

Here are the latest photos.

i´ve been experimenting with the different varnishes, and adding shades of grey and green. At this point i´m satisfied, but please send me some feedback.

These pics were taken outside to take advantage from the natural light.

P1100084.jpg

P1100093.jpg

P1100079.jpg

P1100082.jpg

P1100083.jpg

P1100090.jpg

P1100088.jpg

my best regards!!!!