1/32 BK-117 Air Rescue Austria and Medicopter 117

Hello guys !!

In the last few days i started my project for this rescue group build.

My project is a BK-117, that starts to rescue missions near my hometown. Because i work as a paramedic, i have a lot of rescue missions with this helicopter.

The helicopter is operated by the Air Rescue Austria company.

A photo of the original helicopter:

RK-1.jpg

As basic for my project i took the Revell BK-117 Medicopter kit. For improving the kit there is a lot of scratching to do. I also took a few parts from the EC-135/EC-145 kits from revell.

But now the photos from today:

RK-1Modell1.jpg

RK-1Modell2.jpg

RK-1Modell3.jpg

RK-1Modell4.jpg

Hope you like it !!!

More photos will follow !!!

Greetings

Mike

Edited by BK-117

@ camophilip

This BK-117 flies here in Carintha from its homebase in Fresach near Millstätter See. This is one of two BK`s that are operated by Air rescue Austria (ARA)in cooperation with the red cross. The crew consists of a pilot, a winch operator, a paramedic with special knowledge in mountain rescue technics and a doctor.

The other BK-117 flies in Reutte but without the winch. They are using a system similar to the ÖAMTC.

Greetings Mike

Hello !!

No update photos for a few days because i am working on a second BK-117 !! The second project will be the famous BK-117 of the TV-series Medicopter 117 , which really flew rescue missions here in Carinthia, during our other BK-117 was in maintenaince.

No spectacular photos, because the interior is the same, except the color of the front seats !!

But photos of both helos will follow, because the next scratching things are also the same !!

Greetings

Mike

Nice start, and now we get a two for one deal. :rolleyes:

I am really impressed with all the detail in these larger scale kits. I'm a 1/72 builder so don't get quite so much stuff to play with.

Thank you for your coments so far !!!

Now the newest pictures of my BK-117`s :-)

On both machines i added the housing of the landing light and the construction where the hook of the external hook system is fixed inflight.

I also added some parts, to the Medicopter BK-117 (D-HEOE) ,on which antennas were fixed during the former use for the Bavarian police.

But now the photos of both machines:

ARC1.jpg

ARC4.jpg

the underside of the RK-1 BK-117:

ARC2.jpg

the underside of the Medicopter 117:

ARC3.jpg

I also sanded both models today, so i have to rescribe some panellines in the next days and after installing the windows i can also get some colour on my models.

Updates in the next days :-)

Greetings

Mike

After three days of masking and airbrushing my two BK-117´s look like this:

ARC4-1.jpg

ARC1-1.jpg

The Medicopter 117 was very difficult, because i had to mask ererything, because the decals from the kit did not fit. So more little things to colour and then i cann install the tail- /mainrotor and the winch:

ARC2-1.jpg

More work to do on the RK-1 kit. Also colouring some things, removing the masks from the windows and doing the same things that are to do on the Medicopter:

ARC3-1.jpg

Hope you like it so far !!

Greetings from Austria

Michael

Hi Michael, those Bk's are really coming up nice! Great paintjob and your glazing has come up really nice and clear. It is suprising how big these helicopters are when you start getting them together.

Well done mate!

Cheers

Anthony

Hello guys !!

Sorry no update photos today, but i can say that i am ready with both BK-117s. A few photos of them here tomorrow and some more in the hanger section of this group build !!

I have allready started my next project for this group build. It will be the new revell kit of the Medstar Lee County EC-145 in 1:32, which crashed in 2009, but i am not sure if i can finish it before the deadline of this group build.

But never mind then i post the progress in the helicopter section of this forum :-)

Greetings from Austria

Michael

Hello guys !!!!

As i promised yesterday, now i show you the photos of my two BK-117s.

First the BK-117 operated by Air Rescue Austria, callsign RK-1:

ARC1-2.jpg

ARC3-2.jpg

ARC2-2.jpg

ARC4-2.jpg

And now the Medicopter, which was also in real service here in Carinthia, during the RK-1 was in maintainance:

ARC8.jpg

ARC9.jpg

ARC7.jpg

ARC11.jpg

ARC10.jpg

Hope you like both BK-117s and you will follow my new project (EC-145 Medstar Lee County).

Greetings from Austria

Michael

Wow, wow wow!!!

They are absolutely stunning!

I love them both but absolutely love the RK-1 in red/white. Just amazing, you really have done a superb job on them both. Huge inspiration for me with my BK-117 I am building.

Thank you very much for the photos, I just love them.

Cheers

Anthony

• 7 months later...
Hello guys !!

In the last few days i started my project for this rescue group build.

My project is a BK-117, that starts to rescue missions near my hometown. Because i work as a paramedic, i have a lot of rescue missions with this helicopter.

The helicopter is operated by the Air Rescue Austria company.

A photo of the original helicopter:

RK-1.jpg

As basic for my project i took the Revell BK-117 Medicopter kit. For improving the kit there is a lot of scratching to do. I also took a few parts from the EC-135/EC-145 kits from revell.

But now the photos from today:

RK-1Modell1.jpg

RK-1Modell2.jpg

RK-1Modell3.jpg

RK-1Modell4.jpg

Hope you like it !!!

More photos will follow !!!

Greetings

Mike

Did the EC-145 interior just slide in? Is that what I'm looking at there?