Hi all, this is my first P-47 and my 6th aircraft overall. I am build "Bonnie" and using th 1/48 Tamiya kit. I started the build today and have to admit that it has been a very quick and easy build so far.

The kit

P4170007.jpg

The decal sheet

P4170005.jpg

Bonnie

P4170006.jpg

The cockpit so far

P4170002.jpg

P4170001.jpg

P4170003.jpg

any comments or tips on the build greatly appreciated

Cheers

Anthony

Hi all, a few updates.

On the weekend I put the undercoat on and then polished/sanded it with micromesh.

P4250001.jpg

P4250003.jpg

Last night I put the base bare metal colour on (Tamiya silver decanted from the spray can- a first for me!) and then tonight I started painting individual panels using alcad dark aluminium which is another first.

P4280005.jpg

P4280006.jpg

P4280008.jpg

P4280007.jpg

Hopefully I will get time over the next few days to do some other panels in a different colour.

Cheers

I've managed to get a bit more done. I sprayed some more panels but forgot to take some pics. I then masked the area for the OD anti glare-

P5040057.jpg

and then pre-shaed the panel lines for this section and sprayed Tamiya OD, followed by some panel highlights using Tamiya OD/ Tamiya Yellow green mix-

P5050058.jpg

P5050061.jpg

I am happy with how it looks so far. Next is masking for the black stripes on the wings and fuselage.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Rocat.

I've been a bit slack with the build and updates due to work but have made some progress.

I've added the theatre stripes and given it 2 coats of gloss. I also started on all the bits and pieces such as the prop, external fuel tank and landing gear.

P5220005.jpg

P5220006.jpg

P5220007.jpg

I am about to spray the bare metal on the smaller pieces and then I will be doing a wash.

Cheers and thanks for looking

Anthony

She's finished! :cheers: I had a bit of trouble with the kit decals and also the canopy fit but other than that it came together well. I am happy with how she looks and am proud to finish my first jug and have more planned already! any comments welcome.

P5290019_edited-1.jpg

P5290010_edited-1.jpg

P5290017.jpg

P5290005_edited-1.jpg

Cheers

P.S how do I move the final pics to the finishd thread?