Don`t know if this has been done or suggested before. This is a group build where two kits are done, both from the same squadron but from different times. Lot of potential builds here, and depending on the squadron, the time could vary from WWI to present day. Some examples would be 617 Sq The Dambusters flying Lancs and Tornados, 509th BG flying B-29 and F-111 or B-2, Richtofen flying Me109 and F-4F, you get the idea. I`m sure there are lots of combos that could be done. I know some may not be able to complete more than one kit, thats fine. I would suggest you partner up with another ARC member to split the work. You could show your build progress all in one thread. This way prop guys and jet guys could participate in their comfort zone. Something to think about.

Don

Thought of something else, maybe include nose art? Not as many choices but there are a few out there.

Edited by dmthamade

I have two Phantoms, I want to do from the same wing or group (4th). Its the same airframe (74 1649) I want to do it from 335 in Euro 1, and I think the 336th in Hill scheme, had it just before retirement. Wonder if this idea would work?

I have been doing builds like this for the base museum for a little while now. At this time I'm building a C-119 from my unit back before we got the Herks. I love the idea! I'm sure the base museums at bases that are still active wouldn't mind a donation or two of finished models...lol :)

Curt

I have been doing builds like this for the base museum for a little while now. At this time I'm building a C-119 from my unit back before we got the Herks. I love the idea! I'm sure the base museums at bases that are still active wouldn't mind a donation or two of finished models...lol :)

Curt

I could do a stack of F-4's (at least 3 different paint jobs) and a Voodoo from one of my local units.

I actually suggested this a while ago as a Legacy group build but there wasn't much uptake on the idea so I didn't push it.Nice to see someone having the same thought.The noseart idea is good as well.

Stephen :banana:

It would also be interesting to see the stages in an aircraft's life as it moves from mission to mission, and owner to owner. For example a WW2 USAAF P51 air superiority fighter, to Korean War USAF F51 ground attack platform to air racer or restored war bird. It would an exceptional airframe to have a history like that but there are some out there (although maybe not P51s).

That would have to be a rather long and dedicated GB though.

Edited by Aaronw