:deadhorse1:

ok, the description could be thought of bad...

Last night I had all my paints ready, almost mixed when i went to connect my badger to my hose.. ***!!!???? my hose is a bigger size than the badger connection ( i am not using any quick disconnects). I am understanding that i need a new hose or adapter.. I don't mind buying one but which one? I have looked around and found such sizes as 1/4 and 1/8, also some A51 connections.. Please someone guide me to what i should get so i can get it once..

thanks in advance.

Do you need a fitting or a hose? I am not clear from your description whether your hose is too big for the Badger connect that should fit on the airbrush end of the hose and that in turn attaches to the brush, or if the connection itself is too big for the brush.

Badger, Iwata, Paasche all have hoses that usually include a standard compressor side fitting and one on the brush end suitable for their particular brand of air brush.

:jaw-dropping:

ok, the description could be thought of bad...

Last night I had all my paints ready, almost mixed when i went to connect my badger to my hose.. ***!!!???? my hose is a bigger size than the badger connection ( i am not using any quick disconnects). I am understanding that i need a new hose or adapter.. I don't mind buying one but which one? I have looked around and found such sizes as 1/4 and 1/8, also some A51 connections.. Please someone guide me to what i should get so i can get it once..

thanks in advance.

What hose do you have? The Badger and the Paasche use non-standard connector at the airbrush end. If you get one of the standard hose for Iwata, Harder & Steenbeck, Grex or Master, it will NOT fit the Badger 105.

The simplest way is to get a Badger hose with 1/4" connector at the compressor end. You can get it very cheap at Michael's Craft Store using their 40% or 50% off coupon. Otherwise, you can get it by mail order.

Were you sold a hose that didn't fit the brush or have you just got a new brush and found it won't fit the old hose you had?

A standard compressor fitting is I think 1/4 BSP ( which has 19tpi and an outside diameter of 0.518 inches ). My Iwata brush has a 1/8 BSP fitting ( 28tpi and 0.383 diameter ). My old Badger is different ( smaller ) than the 1/8 BSP. I've just checked my old Badger adapter, and it ISN'T a meteric M5 thread. The diameter is close, but the threads are much more fine. Most websites only list adapters BSP to 'Badger' fitting, but don't specify what it is.

If you have a shop that deals with Badger accessories, best option is to take the brush down and find something to fit.

Do you need a fitting or a hose? I am not clear from your description whether your hose is too big for the Badger connect that should fit on the airbrush end of the hose and that in turn attaches to the brush, or if the connection itself is too big for the brush.

Badger, Iwata, Paasche all have hoses that usually include a standard compressor side fitting and one on the brush end suitable for their particular brand of air brush.

***** Did not see the other replies.. will reply to those too.. hehehhe **********

sorry for such a none descriptive issue..

- i have a compressor that i purchased (brand unknown) it came with 6 airbrushes.. they are cheap brushes and i am still very new to model building. So would rather buy a cheap brush rather than drop the 100+ on a good one when i dont even know if i will stay with it. I now know i love it and wanted a better brush, purchased the Badger 105

- the hose connection on the airbush side is a female connection and is bigger than the male threads on the Badger airbrush. Both ends of the hose are equal (compressor side).

- I know i need either a fitting to go from the hose (one end male for hose big side) to the airbrush (reduce down to the small airbrush, this side needs to be female).

- or i need a new hose, but if i get a equal hose size on both ends my compressor fitting will be to large.. I have a USB cord problem, one needs to be square that goes into your printer and the other end needs to be rectangle and go into your pc.. make sense? hehehe.

Edited by tragik