Unofficial Ontos Group Build

WOW !!!

I have NEVER seen anything like it.. :tumble:

No one MESSES with that armor I bet!!

How many rounds can it dischrage at any ONE time Guys?

{ONTOS=ON TO US } :unsure:

NICE !!!

The NVA used it as a RPG target.

well that sucks. How'd the armor hold up?

From what I read, I think AK-47 rounds but didn't stop anything above that. Ed Gilbert had a small section in his book Tank Battles in Vietnam. I will reread that section to make sure.

WOW! Talk about getting a kit wrong! Thank goodness I'm an idiot and when it's all said and done,so long as it looks like an ONTOS I'll be happy. Some good info in there,thanks Ryan! :rofl:

While a good Ontos would have been nice, just happy we have a modern kit.

From what I read, I think AK-47 rounds but didn't stop anything above that. Ed Gilbert had a small section in his book Tank Battles in Vietnam. I will reread that section to make sure.

They said at the right angles a .30 could penetrate. A RPG made a mess of the inside.

Some stuff you can dress up your Ontos with

http://cgi.ebay.com/MM-35005-ONTOS-DETAIL-...=item563b03c424

http://cgi.ebay.com/LionMarc-1-35-6X-M40A1...=item5d28d4ffc8

No connect with the seller and those may not be the best prices, used just as a point of reference and photos.

I might skip all the barrel assemble and build it with a plywood "blade" as was done when it was airlift to trick the NVA. (pg 27 in Doyle's book and mentioned in Gilbert's Tank Battle of Vietnam book).

Slow progress so far. I managed to lose one of the drive sprockets and I'll have to write to Academy to get another one. MRC won't respond. Here is one side of the suspension mostly assembled. I'm tempted to make my own shocks as the ones look way too skinny and weak.

img2846g.jpg