Just finished first aircraft build

I completed a Hasegawa F-14A, Black Knights edition, in approx 1 year. Unfortunately, the camera isnt the greatest and I couldnt get a good picture. Its a good thing because to a non-modeler, it looks great......to one of you guys, it sucks. I had an issue with the plastic crazying when i glued the wings together, the HAS decals were horrible and it bubbled in places where I couldnt see why in the world they would, and the salt weathering ended up acting crazy and not wanting to come off.

I chose to do the high vis (is that right? the one with the gloss black skunk stripe and vertical stabilizers), and the gloss looked great. After I shot the plane overall with some future, the gloss started looking really depressing. Can someone tell me why that would happen? I gave the plane a flat acrylic coat (less the black areas) and that really didnt help.

Finally, I painted the antennas and front tube (its the very front point piece thats aluminum) using metalizers from MM and they looked great up until i glued them on. How do you paint these metallic pieces so that they dont look "painted" (yup, I airbrushed).

The kit was definitely the most difficult thing I have ever built so and I knew that going into it. Either way, I wanted to build the HAS kit so that I could make a better F-14 down the line.

Overall though, I had a great time building it, painting it, breaking it, and repairing it (approx 8 times for broken pieces) and the help from all the WIPs were priceless. Truly inspiring stuff on this site and I only hope to get to a point to be proud enough to show my finished product.

I wanted to post this in the critique corner but since I couldnt get any good pictures, I figured the post would be a false advertisment and I would have gotten banished.... :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Mike

Hello Cheese,

Sounds like you had fun builidng it though ,and I am impressed that you did it so quickly..I would have liked to seen the photos even if they are fuzzy wuzzy...

I can imgaine it is the BEST build ever{I built a model over a year back and still dont know how to take photos and post }..

WE are all at different levels of modeling skills..... and I am totally at the bottom of the heap when it comes to builds...

It would not be false advertisement of your build..BE PROUD !!! :thumbsup:

go on post them PLEASE.... :woo: :)

HOLMES

If you're going for the title of worst modeller ever, give up.

I already got you beat. :woot.gif:

Best part is, I'm totally cool with that. Congrats on getting back in!

-Mike

Mike, wanna fight over that title? I still got you beat... ;)