1/72 Hasegawa EA-6b Prowler

Quick question, as far as I'm aware all of the recent reboxings of the Prowlers that Hasegawa has released have just been the original high vis mold, with new low vis or CAG decals thrown in.

What I need to know is whether these reboxings still come with the original high vis decal sheets that came with the initial boxing.

Cheers in advance,

Plak

Cheers. I wanted to know because I'm looking to pick one up (prob a Shadowhawks or a Gauntlets scheme), but none of the jets come with the black radiation symbol for the nose, which Prowlers just don't look right without IMHO (even if it's not strictly correct for the scheme).

Thanks again.

Not any more. Many years ago, the special kits often included the original decals, but they stopped having them sometime in the 90s. If you wish to get the original decals, look for the High Visibility Markings kit, HSGE8. HLJ has it as discontinued, but I think it is released every now and then. It should also be easier to find than the special kits. One good thing about any repop of the High Viz Markings kit is that the decals are a more recent printing and should not have the crackling problems of the older decals. But generally the original decals aren't as nice as the special kit decals.

If you like I can stop at Leonardos in Tokyo this Friday to see if I can find a sheet.

Hope that this is of some help.

Best wishes,

Grant

Not any more. Many years ago, the special kits often included the original decals, but they stopped having them sometime in the 90s. If you wish to get the original decals, look for the High Visibility Markings kit, HSGE8. HLJ has it as discontinued, but I think it is released every now and then. It should also be easier to find than the special kits. One good thing about any repop of the High Viz Markings kit is that the decals are a more recent printing and should not have the crackling problems of the older decals. But generally the original decals aren't as nice as the special kit decals.

If you like I can stop at Leonardos in Tokyo this Friday to see if I can find a sheet.

Hope that this is of some help.

Best wishes,

Grant

I sincerely appreciate the offer Grant, it's not often you'll have someone volunteering their time to look for another's current item of interest, let alone a stranger. As I'm not quite ready to get a Prowler up on the work station just yet, I might take a raincheck on that offer or try the 'Spares Box' forum in a few months time when I'm ready to start one. Thanks again :thumbsup:

I wish Afterburner would scale down their Jammin' Jihad sheet to 1/72. :) :jaw-dropping::worship:

Afterburner decals have only released one friggen' sheet in 1/72, the Aggressor F-15's, which is a damn shame because their sheets look freaking magnificient and I would very much like to get a hold of quite a few of them in gentleman's scale.

Does anyone know/has anyone queried as to why they seem to be 1/48 exclusive?

Afterburner decals have only released one friggen' sheet in 1/72, the Aggressor F-15's, which is a damn shame because their sheets look freaking magnificient and I would very much like to get a hold of quite a few of them in gentleman's scale.

Does anyone know/has anyone queried as to why they seem to be 1/48 exclusive?

On the Afterburner question.......... I spoke with one of their reps at the IPMS show, here in the Houston area yesterday, and they lost their rears on that one sheet in 72nd scale and may be afraid of trying it again. But, then again, that sheet they had..............well. I'm willing to bet if they got enough of a 'push' to go to 72nd scale they may reconsider it. I've got a lot of 72nd scale kits that would look great with Afterburner decals.