eBay Warning: Loisbidder

I'm not sure if I'm dealing with a 10-year old or just an adult acting like a 10-year old. He won an auction then decided he didn't have to pay. And "eBay isn't going to do a thing to him".

So if you don't want to have your time wasted block him from bidding on your auctions. I did.

Truly it's not a big deal. Guy changed his mind and doesn't want to pay for something. No big deal to me. But there were some other folks bidding on that item and he's also wasted their time plus ultimately denied someone else the chance to win something they wanted.

But the thumbing his nose at eBay undermines the entire premise of how eBay is supposed to work for both sellers and bidders alike.

As a seller how do you feel confident your item is actually sold when the clock winds down to 00:00. A week later you're still waiting to be paid and dealing with someone effectively going Nah, nah, you can't touch me.

As a buyer how do we feel knowing some guy is going to bet the house all the while knowing he's going to back out in the end. Second Chance offers reflect your highest bid. So you potentially end up paying a lot more because someone doesn't play by the rules.

I for one would like to see some changes made to eBay's policy on how they deal with deadbeat buyers. Let's call it the Louis Rule.

Bill F

So you joined ARC just to complain about a non-payer?

It happens. And yeah, he may well be a 13 year old snot who thinks it is funny. If you sell on eBay, you WILL run into these events. Report the user, move on. I post in my auctions that I require immediate payment before I even start processing the sale. First sign of bull, I pull the plug.

eBay is about the buyers. If you dont have people to buy your wares... what is the point. That is why eBay is heavily arranged in favor of the buyers. Sellers pay the fees, but the buyers bring the sales, it is part of business.

Also, yes, eBay can do something about that account... shut it down. That wont stop the guy from making new accounts... just forget the matter, move on as quietly as possible. If he is looking for amusement, freaking about it will just bring him back for another go at you.

I believe he came on here with the intent of letting others know about this particular bidder.

Why is it some have to try and stir up problems everytime someone tries to do what they feel is a public service?