• 1 month later...

OK, I'm back!

Forgot to take pics of the decal application, but let my say that the kit provided decals are very nice! I was on the fence about spraying my markings but decided to go decal as I was behind. Glad I went decal as these were some of the best I've ever used. After a good soak in hot water, these settled down perfectly with Micro-Set and Sol. I should mention I had a nice hard-dried 2 hand-brushed coats of Future down first.

After decalling I hand-brushed another Future coat to seal the decals in and it was time to do some weathering.

I tried little Windsor-Newton oil-paint wash, but the burnt-Siena color wasn't working for me (thought it might compliment the cammo colors). So I went to my old standby, Pro-Modeler's Dark Wash. I've always had good results with this and it particularly works well on black undersides. Here is a pic freshly applied:

cddb9071.jpg

I'll let that dry while I put the kids to bed and while it down before I go to bed tonight.

Got the flat coat on, used Testors Acrylic clear Flat thinned with their thinner and a drop of Liquitex Flow-aid, had good results and this lightened up the topside cammo some. This was good for the Dark Earth, which needed a little lightening.

Next, landing gear. Had todrill holes where the main struts go, no problem. Lining up the smaller struts was a little problematic and I goofed by cutting a part off I should not have. But only the most astute Hurricaner would notice.

c4b9a9c2.jpg

When this all dries, I'll paintbrush them Citidel Chainmail.

• 2 weeks later...

The Hurricane draws to a close. Put the PE belts on the sear. Not half bad, in fact I shall call it half good:

02a84216.jpg

Glued this in than the other clear parts. The wingtip navigation lights were a PITA. I used Gorilla glue to put those on.

I also did the antenna mast and wire. I discarded the kit mast and made my own by trapping the wire inside a brass tube then flattening it by crushing between pliers. Works great to hold the wire without gluing. I also put a pins needle out the other end, this gets inserted into a small hole in the fusalage. I dis a similar approach in the tail but with hypodermic tubing.

62142415.jpg

Done! I set the model on the shelf to "cool off" some. Once I vet some good outdoor lighting I'll take some good pictures.

One of the last things I did before calling it quits was add the wing-walk area. Normally I do this stuff with an airbrush, but didn't want to risk overspray, so I masked nag sorta dry-brushed these with some Acrylic craft paint. Turned out pretty well. Not shown here, inalso added some dry pastel dirt over them for some light weathering.

25727eac.jpg