EF-18B Hornet 1/48, Spain....

Hi Honza,

Simply outstanding work. Could you explain how you went about repositioning the rudders. They look fantastic.

Rick

1) I cut them off

2) add plastic profile infrant of the rudders

3) Mill the grooves

Some photos are on first page of this topic...

And about airbrushing.... I know, many peoples want a tutorial, but:

I can´t shoot a photos under the lamp on my table.... it´s impossible to see some differences behind steps...

So... here are some photos of the top... the bottom will be maybe tomorrow...

P1050095_resize.jpg

P1050103_resize.jpg

P1050104_resize.jpg

Thanks you really much Jimz and Brutalos.

Honza,

One question, what are you using for your post shading?

Steven L :wave:

Thank you too Steven.

For postshading was used base grey C307 with little bit of white as a first. And as a second base grey C307 with little bit of black and brown.

Fantastic paintjob as usually, Honza!

I remember you doing a small tutorial of your techique on that Phantom, was it last year? that showed extremly well how you do your magic. Maybe you should write an article with them pics and we´ll endorse you getting it pinned in "Tools`N Tips" ?

Wow!

I'm actually building a "F" Hornet and looking at your paintjob makes me asking myself "will I ever reach such a result???".

Really impressive.

As it's the first time I use a airbrush, there's a lot to learn. I tried the pre-shading technique which turned out quite good, BUT: Seems like I didn't thinned the colours enough and because of that I ended up with some ugly "dusty" parts on the surface. I had to sand it (1000) and redo the coating to get a smooth surface. Result: The pre-shading was fully covered and gone.

Looks like I can try to gain back a bit of the effect by using this post-shade technique.

However... I'll keep an eye on your build to learn as much as possible about your weathering skills!

Cheers!

Honza,

I'm without word...

But I have a question for you:you think the job of weathering is easier on a model with TPS compared to a model with multi-tone camo (to understand type IDF or SEA ) ?

:thumbsup: Gianni

Thanks for kind words. :-)

you think the job of weathering is easier on a model with TPS compared to a model with multi-tone camo (to understand type IDF or SEA ) ?

I don´t know. Maybe it´s really little bit easier... But ever scheme have some plus and minus....

66.jpg

67.jpg

68.jpg

69.jpg

Honza, your skill and steady hand are very obvious in your painting and weathering of this Hornet. We all have our methods, but yours are PERFECT! Thanks for sharing.

Chuck