EF-18B Hornet 1/48, Spain....

hi honza,

nice to see not the 1001st Hasegawa Hornet!! The HB kit looks very nice and the price is economically too (and...not like HASE, you get some good detailed loadout), in my opinion. Congrats making a spanish bird, not always the 1002nd navy/marines bug. Any supplier for spanish decals? I just remember MAW or MA (but it s a tiger meet scheme on a EF-18A). As mentioned before...your builds are a MUST to follow up! ;-) ...I ll be curious how you will make the weathered grey paint scheme.

Are you using liquid cement after rescribing to melt away the remaining dust in the lines?

You can also use paint thinner to get the same result, and it's not as aggressive as liquid cement, less chance of making a mistake.

Curt

Hello Honza,

nice work so far.

Did you use surfacer for this finish? 1000 or 1200?

Did you rescribe the kit previously?

Marc.

Thank you Marc.

I am using surfacer 1200.

And yes, I rescribe all shallow panel lines.....

Looks great Honza! Yes, it would be great if you could turn this build into a tutorial explaining how you do certain things (painting especially). Your results are always so beautiful but they also seem so effortless the way you describe them and how fast you build your models. It looks like magic sometimes. Tell us what you think what is important and what you pay attention to, tell us where you think your screwed up, tell us what you like or dislike about the outcomes! Understanding the way you think and the way you go about doing it would help a lot. One wild idea would be to create short videos of your sessions. I would be most interested in your sanding, panel scribing, and preshading, and post shading sessions. Pictures are awesome but they don't tell the whole story like your focus during building, your speed, the incidental mishaps and how you correct them, etc.

That said, please don't pressure yourself. You are already helping so much by posting pictures and answering questions. Also, asking for videos is not reasonable. I know I have been a constant drag but have learned a lot from your posts. It's the wanna-know-more side of me speaking. I apologize (to everybody) for the strong emotions here :worship: Anyway, time to hit my mute button.

I just picked up one of these today. Already scored a decal sheet for the VFC-12 Fighting Omars earlier.

But I was checking my references today, and found out VFC-12 uses the B-model, the D being reserved for the Marines only.

Honza, you say your aiming for the EF-18B, so not the D model either.

What are the external differences between the B and D models. Internally, only thing I can think of is the rear-pit, which has extra buttons for using weapons on the D.

Is the B training only BTW ?

Oh, and very nice progress so far Honza.

Edited by THX1138

Many thanks for all comments!

What are the external differences between the B and D models. Internally, only thing I can think of is the rear-pit, which has extra buttons for using weapons on the D.

THX1138: Biggest difference are antenas on tail.

D variant: http://bhworld.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/1003091747.jpg

B variant: http://i976.photobucket.com/albums/ae249/k...net/1278220.jpg

And some progress, but it´s not 100%.... No freetime, no models :-(

45.jpg

43.jpg

44.jpg

Edited by Honza K.

Wow, that thing look clean. I love look of your re-scribed panel line look. As though it was done by the manufactures. I can't tell a difference. I'm trying to get better at rescribing panel lines but your...nice work my friend. very nice!

Mike

Fantastic work Honza!

Love those Spanish Hornets.

Your paint work is very refined. It looks like you really have your technique down. I'm gonna go and scour your past topics for info...

Funny too how a pic in a build article can give insight into the geoemtry of the full size article.

Thanks!

Pete