F-14B, VF-74 Be-Devilers Adversary 1/48

I have to agree with you, they do look much better.

Steve

Yes, the only bad thing is those new Sidewinder rings made the silver ring behind the nose of the TACTS pod look bad. So, now it wears a nice new shiny foil ring, as well. :D

Incredible work, this is one of the most realistic Tomcats I've ever seen modeled. Great stuff.

Thank you!

The matt clear coat is on. There's a couple of areas that need a little touch up, but nothing really serious.

It's going to be fun adding all the bits & pieces - antennae, landing gear, LG doors, etc. to bring this model to life. Wow, it's hard to believe, that after 6 years, this project is nearly done. :o

Thank you!

The matt clear coat is on. There's a couple of areas that need a little touch up, but nothing really serious.

It's going to be fun adding all the bits & pieces - antennae, landing gear, LG doors, etc. to bring this model to life. Wow, it's hard to believe, that after 6 years, this project is nearly done. :o/>

It will be worth the wait though... ;)

Today, I started taking off the paint masks from the wheel wells, windscreen, canopy, etc.

Its always a nail biter when the masks come off the clear parts. It was no different today, wondering how crisp the paint lines would be, or whether the masking tape would lift the paint. But I lucked out. There was a few areas that needed touch up, but overall the windscreen & canopy didn't look too bad.

Here's an outdoor photo (our Winter might actually be over) showing the windscreen & canopy after the touch ups were done.

324%20Canopy%20amp%20Windscreen_zps3ygpy3rp.jpg

The Springtime sunlight really makes the colours jump.

:cheers:

Edited by JohnS

I test fit the wings & horizontal stabilizers today, & thought I'd share some pic's with you. It's a cloudy day here so the pic's aren't the best, but they'll give you an idea of what this 'cat will look like when she's finished.

Test%20Top_zpsmbhkr3bw.jpg

Test%20Left_zpsyhdf5brt.jpg

Test%20Right_zpsnuewlvbm.jpg

... the dirty side.

Test%20Bottom_zpseelzznyk.jpg

I'm in the process of painting the little details - gun port, fuel dump tube, etc, and then it's on to final assembly of the remaining bits & pieces.

Thanks for looking. :cheers:/>/>

Edited by JohnS

Gear doors are on, but not without a lot of tinkering. The nose gear door hinges needed to be downsized to fit around the gear strut, while the main gear doors just wouldn't stay glued to the fuselage. After a few tries, I finally ended up drilling small holes in the upper edge of the doors & the wing gloves, and inserting wire in the holes to hold the doors in place. The fix seems to be working.

Here are pic's showing the doors.

331%20Gear%20Doors%20Right_zpsasner39l.jpg

330%20Gear%20Doors%20left_zps1n4jcc2p.jpg

332%20Gear%20Doors%20Front_zps6u6x1xtn.jpg

... and finally a pic of ECM antenna wiring added to the left nose gear door.

333%20ECM%20Antenna%20Wiring_zpsbjd4evvi.jpg

Next up, my Tomcat should be FINISHED!!!!!!!!!! :yahoo:/> I still need to add the antennas, probes, seats and a few other details. I'll post photos of the finished product, before starting to work on a display stand.

Thanks for looking.