1/32 Trumpeter SBD-5 Dauntless

The update was well worth waiting for. Your engine and exhaust header looks absolutely fantastic. Weathering of the panel lines and rivets are very well done. My only issue is that you went with a lighter shade to contrast with the wing walkways, and it just draws one's eye right to it. Maybe go over it with a dark wash now to tone it down some.

Joel

• 3 weeks later...

The update was well worth waiting for. Your engine and exhaust header looks absolutely fantastic. Weathering of the panel lines and rivets are very well done. My only issue is that you went with a lighter shade to contrast with the wing walkways, and it just draws one's eye right to it. Maybe go over it with a dark wash now to tone it down some.

Joel

Its something that is not so apparent in person - but for some reason it really gets highlighted in photos... I can't figure out why.

Anyway - I am calling it done barring a couple of slight touchups! A LONG TIME in coming!

17884676-5229-4328-9281-7b8c6d5572ae_zpsq2tnpc9g.jpg

CIMG1907_zps9u6fcwuo.jpg

CIMG1910_zpsdvrv4bqa.jpg

Oh Wow!! I love it. Just a great build. Your weathering is just right.

There is only one painting error, and 99 out of a 100 builds get it wrong. The center dive flap inside color isn't red, it's the same gray as the lower fuselage. I made the same mistake on my 1/48 scale Hasegawa build. When it was pointed out to me, I did some google searchers, and ended up repainting it.

Repainted or not, it's still an exceptional build.

Joel

Gorgeous work there sir. Some might give you heat for all the dark rivet detail, especially on the belly, but I just LOVE it! :thumbsup:/>

Me too! I think the rivets make it look mean. I also took a look at the one at the Pacific Aviation Museum and its "rivet lines" are very pronounced as well. I've got pictures too.

Oh Wow!! I love it. Just a great build. Your weathering is just right.

There is only one painting error, and 99 out of a 100 builds get it wrong. The center dive flap inside color isn't red, it's the same gray as the lower fuselage. I made the same mistake on my 1/48 scale Hasegawa build. When it was pointed out to me, I did some google searchers, and ended up repainting it.

Repainted or not, it's still an exceptional build.

Joel

Hmmm... I think you are right. At the time I was thinking that it could have been wrong but I made an executive decision to make it red.

Me too! I think the rivets make it look mean. I also took a look at the one at the Pacific Aviation Museum and its "rivet lines" are very pronounced as well. I've got pictures too.

Hmmm... I think you are right. At the time I was thinking that it could have been wrong but I made an executive decision to make it red.

CorsairMan,

Then stick with your decision. Almost no one will notice it, and it does look better that way.

Joel