Hi all

Finally, I've finished something new that I can show you.

These are my Commission work .I use Dragon Kit (old block)

I hope you will like it.

All critigues are welcome.

Cheers,

Oishi

Head-2.jpg

This is m1 picture i use in my paintjob

untitled.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

7.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

Looks pretty nice. Good job on the paint and weathering. A couple things I see off on it though. The hatch interiors should not be white. They are the same color as the hull, in this case sand. The .50 cal ammo can on the TC's MG is turned around. The angled bracket that is sand should but up against the gun side. This is what holds the ammo can onto the cradle. The spare track runs on the right side look to be floating, how are they attached? Also, the topmost track on both runs are missing center guide teeth and/or pins and end pins. The pins are part of the track and not removable. Lastly, the wooden ammo box and the black tubes are for 105mm ammo for an older M1, not an M1A1 which uses 120mm ammo. They should not be there. A good job overall. A few tweaks and it could be great.

Edited by HeavyArty

Like everyone else, I like the weathering.

Two things jumped out at me and if you have a photo of this hog or instructed by the client by all means disregard.

-tonnage weight decal - should say 69 not 89.

-bands on the barrel, can't say I ever seen that many before except on a German Flak 88.

tonnage weight decal - should say 69 not 89.

Yup, missed that one. It should actually be 68, he inverted it. It should be turned 180 degrees. The total decal package looks off on this one. There are too many names on it (barrel, turret front slopes, rear sides, etc) I haven't seen a tank with that many different names on it. The right rear track doesn't line up right either. The bend is off by one track link.

Also, by the way, its an Abrams with an S, not an Abram tank.

Edited by HeavyArty
Well I don't know about floating tracks or bands on a barrel,but that's one great looking model!!!!!! Can you say how you did the rust,scrapes and dents? Really great model!!!! :)

Agreed! Just an outstanding job. Some of the best weathering I've seen.

Regards,

John

Looks pretty nice. Good job on the paint and weathering. A couple things I see off on it though. The hatch interiors should not be white. They are the same color as the hull, in this case sand. The .50 cal ammo can on the TC's MG is turned around. The angled bracket that is sand should but up against the gun side. This is what holds the ammo can onto the cradle. The spare track runs on the right side look to be floating, how are they attached? Also, the topmost track on both runs are missing center guide teeth and/or pins and end pins. The pins are part of the track and not removable. Lastly, the wooden ammo box and the black tubes are for 105mm ammo for an older M1, not an M1A1 which uses 120mm ammo. They should not be there. A good job overall. A few tweaks and it could be great.

Ha-ha, a fly in the ointment. :D

Two more tweaks, one major and one minor.

The 240G flash suppressor that is parallel to the the barrel needs to be drilled out, otherwise your gunner is going have a bad day.

26.jpg

The rubber strip in front of the tank, I don't recall ever seeing those things straight, always had a little wave to them.

23.jpg

24.jpg

Hopefully this photo illustrates better what I am trying to say.

m1_abrams_12_of_55.jpg

http://data3.primeportal.net/tanks/200th_e...ms_12_of_55.jpg

Edited by Tank
  • 1 month later...

Great weathering and paintwork, I particularly like the paint chips and scrapes along the side of the track skirts.

However, I will add a few minor criticisms. These are all based upon the premise that you are supposed to be modelling the USMC Abrams in the photograph you posted. If you are just using it as an illustration of a typical Iraqi weathered Abrams and were seeking to model an Army tank, then ignore what follows.

The smoke grenade dischargers are the Army style, and you can see on the prototype photographs that they should be the USMC style with a collection of individual tubes attached to a base. Also, the turret is missing the Missile Countermeasures device that goes in place of the circular plate on the M1A1 (where the M1A2 mounts the CITV). Lastly, the photograph of the original tank shows the rear section of the track skirt removed and the 'training wheel' track retainers attacked to the sprockets.

It's a great build and I'm sure your customer will be very happy with your work.

• 3 weeks later...

All rivet counting aside...I think it's STUNNING!!

NICELY done.

Too bad you didn't do a progress build on this, I would have loved to follow along.

Cheers

Zoomer

• 3 weeks later...

As primarily an armor modeler, and a retired M1 TC I think you did a great job. Was the picture of the USMC tank used as reference for weathering only? Thats the impression I got anyway. I will mention only one thing track blocks weight roughly 80 pounds each. I would love to meet the tanker who could lift 4 of them connected together and hold them up long enough to be bolted on to the side of the turret unless it was Chuck Norris :thumbsup: .

Edited by Tankcommander
I will mention only one thing track blocks weight roughly 80 pounds each. I would love to meet the tanker who could lift 4 of them connected together and hold them up long enough to be bolted on to the side of the turret unless it was Chuck Norris :whistle: .

I could lift it......

about a inch. :woo:

that has to be the best model abrams ive ever seen its amazing

ive wanted to build an abrams for a long time but i dont think ill bother now it will never be as good as yours lol, its just a shame you built an American tank not a real tank like the British challenger II :jaw-dropping:

only joking i love it

James

• 1 year later...

Hello All,

I know this is an old thread, but I simply had to comment on the model. In fact, I've written a private message to the original poster, several weeks back, but never got a reply from him. I needed to say how simply amazing this model is. I have seen many models on this forum, armor and aircraft, but I have NEVER seen anything (in my opinion, of course) that matches the weathering work that this gentleman has done. I was trying to learn at least some of the basics of what his techniques are. If anyone can help me, I'd be forever appreciative.

I am a newly returning modeler. Models were my favorite hobby when I was a kid, but I gave up on it before i was a teenager. I am 53 now, and about a year ago, I started to buy some plane kits, and some of the tools that I need to get started. I have only the basic stuff, and nothing like the sophisticated weathering stuff that's out there, like the paints, the pigments, etc. I have NONE of that stuff, just regular paint. If any of you know the gentleman, and could ask him to check his messages, that would be cool. Equally great would be for anyone to tell me how I should begin to start learning to do this kind of work. In fact, I'm so excited about this, I just purchased a number of tank models. I admit that planes are the subjects I like best, but I also think (my opinion, again) that learning modeling techniques might be easier on armor. Not sure this is true, but in any event, I now have three 1/35 tank models, a Hobby Boss Merkava, a Tamiya Challenger II, and a Dragon WWII Tiger I w/ Zimmerit. I wanted the Dragon kit that this work was done on, but I've not found it anywhere, but have been told that Dragon will be re-issuing it sometime this spring. Anyway, one last time, any help on learning to do the kind of work done on the tank in this thread will be so appreciated!!