All nations spy on each other and are stealing industrial and technology info or trying too. This is nothing new. But in the end the only thing that matters will be how good the production aircraft will be compared to an F-22. I'm sure it will also be a stellar performer though. If they offer export variants and at the lower prices as noted in the link, well it could mean the USA having to open at a competitive price export variants of F-22 as well... Meh who knows. My country Canada is going to get the F-35 anyways. Too damn few of em but that is the horse we are going to ride.

All nations spy on each other and are stealing industrial and technology info or trying too. This is nothing new. But in the end the only thing that matters will be how good the production aircraft will be compared to an F-22. I'm sure it will also be a stellar performer though. If they offer export variants and at the lower prices as noted in the link, well it could mean the USA having to open at a competitive price export variants of F-22 as well... Meh who knows. My country Canada is going to get the F-35 anyways. Too damn few of em but that is the horse we are going to ride.

Les is this actually true or just your thoughts? I thought Canada as invested into the program for jobs, not necessarily to buy F-35s.

Hmmmm. Call me skeptical but I would like to know more about how the T-50 matches up with the F-22. There are more important comparisons that can be made such as radar capability and radar cross section.

Les is this actually true or just your thoughts? I thought Canada as invested into the program for jobs, not necessarily to buy F-35s.

It hadn't been formally selected last time I checked in with my guy at their DND (their version of our DOD), but it's practically a sure thing. Oddly enough, they're considering the F-35B STOVL version as well as the CTOL- which is just plain weird. My dude doesn't know why- just that they were looking at it- but that was all back in December.

well it could mean the USA having to open at a competitive price export variants of F-22 as well...

Keep dreaming. There isn't a chance in hell of that ever happening. The Raptor production is done after Lot 9 and bringing a production line from the dead is more challenging and more expensive then you seem to realize. Further, the jet is still prohibited for export.

PS> My Jedi powers tell me that this thread will turn ugly- not a question of if, just when...

Edited by Rapier01
Actually didnt the lockheed martin worker drop the blue prints on the floor at a bar? Then some guy found it and sold it to Russia for 500 dollars. Theres a video on youtube somewhere

Wanna buy an Apple ? :woot.gif:

Gregg

Just to back up what has been said in the thread here. I've read that Canada has an initial plan given the plane develops as required to purchase 65 air frames. I'd expect some industrial spin offs on buying into the F-35 would come to Canada as well.

If we stop at 65, it's really bare bones numbers. Australia which is half our pop and GDP plans to buy 100. It also is buying F-18E/F Super Hornets. The Dutch even are buying more than us.

Edited by Les / Creative Edge Photo

The PAK FA looks more like the YF-23 than the F-22, except from plan view which is quite "a copy". Also, it's seems small compared to Raptor. I don't see where all this fuel for the supposed range will fit, never mind the engine performance of a type not yet in production...

So, uh, ....

With all this ugliness, is anyone planning on making a kit of this new Russian fighter? And no, I don't mean the "girls." (Ughhh!!!)

I have scratchbuilt one.....

Pak%20fa%20053.jpg

Pak%20fa%20061.jpg

The In Progress build thread is here

A Russian enterprise is planning a resin kit (due end May).....

Resin%20PAK%20FA_02.jpg

And the Russian kit manufacturer Zvezda is rumoured to be planning an injection-moulded kit.

Ken