Here's my latest build, the new tool Airfix FA-2 with some goodies copied in resin from the good old Esci Shar : the exhausts, airbrake, landing gear.

I used the new Pavla Mk-10H seat to fill the cockpit. The Sidewinders are from Hasegawa's Harrier Gr-7, the fins were thinned a little as they are extremely thick.

I found the ones in the box (as well as the Amraams) unusable.

It's painted with Humbrol 165 , decals are from the box.

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

Here's the work in progress.

I'll return with nicer pictures tomorrow.

Hallo Ed,

Wondered why you were so quiet for so long. The whole family of Harriers are all looking good. I especially like the way that you did the new intakes on the GR-7. Well done my friend, a nice addition to your lovely collection.

Kind regards,

Piet.

That is rather nice. Just goes to show you can get a good result from a kit that has attracted a fair bit of flak.

One small point I would make is that FA.2 Harriers did not use the twin sidewinder mounts after 2000 apart from once in 2002, not that

having them fitted to yours detracts from it in any way.

Can I ask if you made any changes to the basic kit, or is it all largely out of the box?

------------------------

Thank you for your kind words!

I noticed the twin rail is a bit uncommon in newer pictures, but i just couldn't resist ;)

The fuselage, wings and fins were not altered, maybe except for some heavy sanding under the

nose, right in front of the landing gear (the fuselage seemed too round and bulged there)

The RWR on the fin was thickened a little and all the antennae and pitot tubes were scratchbuilt.

Most of the panel lines were filled with Mr.Surfacer 500 then sanded over.

Here is the "in progress"

1_001.JPG

2_001.JPG

3_001.JPG

4_001.JPG

5_001.JPG

11.JPG

12.JPG

13.JPG

14.JPG

With the almost finished FRS-1

15.JPG

Great looking builds! :thumbsup:

I'm working on an FA2 at the moment, if it turns out anywhere near like yours I'll be well pleased. Notwithstanding the accuracy issues these kits go together very well.

peebeep

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...