Worst Movies Ever Made

It's worse than that, the scenes with Lugosi were just random scenes shot for another movie Ed Wood was trying to make. Bela Lugosi died 3 years before production even began on Plan 9.

In an ironic twist, Ed Wood, a movie about the director of Plan 9 and other "gems" was actually a good movie, it even won at least one Oscar. Martin Landau deserved his Oscar for playing Lugosi.

If want really scary, someone is trying to remake Plan 9 from outer space. :worship:

Yeah 'Ed Wood' was a good movie - only slighty disturbing with Johny Depp as the transvestite Ed Wood.....do it as a double feature with 'Confessions of a Dangerous Mind' the Chuck Barris bio pic...not as bad as one would think and if you watched bad independant channel TV in the 70's/80's bad sci fi and Gong Show was the standard feature of summer vacations!

That review of 'Battlefield Earth' is brutal.....much more entertaining than the 'At The Movies' reviews! Booger leashes......

Transformers 1 and 2

These are sort of double sided for me. Story of this 1st sucked and I wanted so bad for his parents and that FBI dude to bite the bullet. Some say Jar-Jar is annoying, these 3 were 10 times worse. But the eye-candy made the movie eatable.

Part 2 was a slightly better story, and some of the awfull humor went from his parents to that small robot, which was a huge step forward. But at 50% it turned into the biggest US military commercial ever. But still, eye-candy and therefore I managed to swallow.

Megan Fox had nothing to do with it :)

But all in all. We do not need part 3. Unless Steven Spielberg decides to kick out Jerry and do it properly.

There is one interesting trend I'm noticing in the comments though. Films that require something of you as an audience member, rather than simple passive observation, generate interesting levels of antipathy. I'm thinking specifically of titles like Lost in Translation, 2001, No Country for Old Men and others. To get anything out of these films, you really need to engage with them, sync with their tone and rhythm. If you don't, or are not prepared to, I guess I can understand the comments. Last night I watched Mullholland Drive - very hard to sync with that film! (I enjoyed it though.)

Kev

First time watched Clooney's "Solaris" remake, I was bored rigid and hated it. Caught the film on TV a few years later as was hooked by it, a wonderful almost anti-Hollywood film that choose character and subtly over spectacle. Likewise I have a soft spot for "Star Trek - The (slow) Motion Picture", the final Robert Wise cut does lift the film considerably and cuts down a lot of the endless "going through the spaceship" stuff. I like the film because it tries to be something noble, even if it fails.

Another vote for "Pearl Harbor" here, an absolutely terrible film

These are sort of double sided for me. Story of this 1st sucked and I wanted so bad for his parents and that FBI dude to bite the bullet. Some say Jar-Jar is annoying, these 3 were 10 times worse. But the eye-candy made the movie eatable.

Part 2 was a slightly better story, and some of the awfull humor went from his parents to that small robot, which was a huge step forward. But at 50% it turned into the biggest US military commercial ever. But still, eye-candy and therefore I managed to swallow.

Megan Fox had nothing to do with it :worship:

But all in all. We do not need part 3. Unless Steven Spielberg decides to kick out Jerry and do it properly.

And don,t forget General Motors contribution. Don't get me wrong I think the new Comaro is a great car (Heck I'm Australian and Holden's contribution to this car needs to be recognized). But Bumblebee was always a VW Beetle when I was a kid. And right down to the Ford bashing. Advertising in movies is lame. Especially when its that obvious!

Same as last time. The only movies I have ever walked out of.....

1. Starship Troopers - Robert Heinlein should come back and kick somebodies *** for even allowing this movie to be made.

2. A Nightmare before Christmas - This one was so bad that I have never been to another movie that has Tim Burton's name on it.

Funny - those two are among my favorites..!

Cheers,

Andre

Cheers,

Andre

I enjoyed Starship Troopers but I really loved A Nightmare Before Christmas too ...

Gregg

I'd have to say that Dreamcatcher represents a few hours of my life that I'll never get back. Tokyo Gore Police is right up there for *** moments (thanks for that one Ray).

Contrary to the opinion of some here, I'm a big fan of 2001 and Naked Lunch, as well as other movies that weird you out and make you think about the experience. At the same time I like mindless action movies like Transformers, Big Trouble in Little China, and Tango and Cash (guiltily one of my favourites) from time to time.

"Blair Witch Project" and "Caddyshack II." Ugh.

Blair witch could have made a good 30 minute horror show episode (Tales from the darkside , Twilight zone etc), but as a 2 hour movie it sucked.

Same as last time. The only movies I have ever walked out of.....

1. Starship Troopers - Robert Heinlein should come back and kick somebodies *** for even allowing this movie to be made.

2. A Nightmare before Christmas - This one was so bad that I have never been to another movie that has Tim Burton's name on it.

Starship Troopers was the first movie I ever left in the middle of. I came back 15 minutes later and the movie still sucked. They completely missed what they were trying to do with that movie. Just a god awful waste of time.

The Crow: City of Angels is the other movie I've left early. That was a mangled mess of a movie that tried so hard to be the first movie and failed just as hard.

I actually made it through 12 Monkeys and never was able to figure out the point of it. That movie really needed a narrator as Terry Gilliam was all over the map. I left the theatre asking *** did I just see, and not in a good way.

Starship Troopers was the first movie I ever left in the middle of. I came back 15 minutes later and the movie still sucked. They completely missed what they were trying to do with that movie. Just a god awful waste of time.

Actually, at the time most of the audience missed what Verhoeven c.s. were trying to do with that movie.

Cheers,

Andre

the worst movie ever made is pure black Turkish movie classic " Dunyayi Kurtaran Adam ( The Man Who Saves The Earth)" ... http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0182060/

try to watch here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymqnlR_3jHU

try it, you will never want to watch "Star Wars" again :thumbsup:

I've recently watched G.O.R.A., my first Turkish scifi-comedy.

Not too bad, although the Turkish and Dutch sense of humor does seem to differ somewhat...

Cheers,

Andre

I actually made it through 12 Monkeys and never was able to figure out the point of it. That movie really needed a narrator as Terry Gilliam was all over the map. I left the theatre asking *** did I just see, and not in a good way.

That's standard fare for a Gilliam film and to be expected. He's notorious for being disorganised when making films.

Just check out films like "Jabberwocky" and 'The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" to see just how difficult it can really be to follow a Gilliam plot.

I think the most organised thing I've ever seen that was directed by him was the short "The Crimson Permanent Assurance" that was at the beginning of Monty Python's "The Meaning of Life" film.

That's standard fare for a Gilliam film and to be expected. He's notorious for being disorganised when making films.

For a great documentary on Gilliams failed attempts to film "The Man Who Killed Don Quixote", check Lost in La Mancha.

Cheers,

Andre

Cheers,

Andre

Yeah, I liked 'em both too! I like most of Tim Burton's stuff though, especially when Johnny Depp's about.

Kev