North American T-28C-1 Trojan

The only 1/72 kit is the Heller Fennec, which is a French variant. The canopy is taller than US T-28s, and there are other detail differences.

The only 1/48 kit is the ancient (late 1950s) Monogram kit. It was originally a T-28A, but the molds were modified at some pont (early 1970s??) to make it a T-28B. It is very basic, but fairly accurate.

AFAIK there has never been a 1/32.

As a T-28 owner once told me... The T-28: All the fun of a T-6 for the price of a P-51! :tease:

J

As a T-28 owner once told me... The T-28: All the fun of a T-6 for the price of a P-51! :woot.gif:

J

I suspect he meant the other way around. A T-28 can be had for $300k and performs a lot more like a P-51 than it does like a T-6.

Hopefully I'll be experiencing that next week, should be getting a ride in a T-28.

J

Never say never, J..... Collect Aire 1/32 T-28C Trojan.

I suspect he meant the other way around. A T-28 can be had for $300k and performs a lot more like a P-51 than it does like a T-6.

Hopefully I'll be experiencing that next week, should be getting a ride in a T-28.

That's the way I have always heard it said, too. The price of a T-6 and the performance of a P-51. :thumbsup:

The only 1/72 kit is the Heller Fennec, which is a French variant. The canopy is taller than US T-28s, and there are other detail differences.

The only 1/48 kit is the ancient (late 1950s) Monogram kit. It was originally a T-28A, but the molds were modified at some pont (early 1970s??) to make it a T-28B. It is very basic, but fairly accurate.

As a T-28 owner once told me... The T-28: All the fun of a T-6 for the price of a P-51! :jaw-dropping:

J

The Monogram T-28B was first released as the USN version in the late 50's. The molds were never altered but Monogram molded a new nose cowling/engine piece and a two bladed propeller for the later USAF A version. Still later around the mid 60's Monogram added some sprues to include a couple of small bombs and MG pods that hung on the wings. The basic kit was the USN version with the three bladed prop and was now a D version with South Vietnamese AF markings. Later releases were just more of the same kits with no improvements.