Hello all!! Would like to join the build with a Kinetic F-86F in Canadian markings.

Am I the only one worried the Canadian are invading this GB :thumbsup:

Looking forward to lots of Canadian sabres

Julien

Am I the only one worried the Canadian are invading this GB :monkeydance:

Looking forward to lots of Canadian sabres

Julien

The Canadian Sabres, and their pilots, were known as the Kings of the Sky in Europe during the 1 Air Division days of the 50s and 60s. 'Bud' Mahurin said, "The best F-86s were the ones built by the Canadians, equipped with the Orenda engine. They could go faster, longer and higher and were better than the ones we had down here." - Cockpits of the Cold War, Donald Nijboer, 2003, pg. 36

It seems only fair that we rule this thread too! :) :woo:

Hi guys,

Is it too late to sign up Julien?

I've just picked up the Italeri boxing of the Kinetic kit in 1/32nd

:woot.gif:

*Edit.

Ok, I'm in.

OOTB 1/32nd scale Italeri F-86F-30 of Col. W.B. Wilmot, 8th FBW based at Suwon, S.Korea, 1953.

cheers.

Edited by geedubelyer
  • 1 month later...

Whether I get this done in time, I don't know. But I will try. I am going to do a 1956 Skyblazers F-86F. Kit used will be an Academy 1/48 F-86F-30. Decals used will be from the just released Italeri Skyblazers F-86F boxing (got it for a VERY good price or I wouldn't be doing this).

I'm going to try to do it as something of a fast OOB build. It may have some flaws, but I want to get something done.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

wow cannot belive i missed this, may i join up? 1/72 italeri F-100D super sabre, Lakenheath markings with aires cockpit set. just started it about a week ago.

{Edit} My bad should of opened my eyes and read the timeline, look like i missed out on this one, will be more aware next time. cheers.

Edited by moofles

Not sure if this is still going or completed as I can't find the build dates anywhere. Anyway if still going sign me up. I'm just starting a Hobby Craft 72nd F-86F-25 Sabre. It'll be straight out of the box as I don't have many resources on hand. Looks like a fairly detailed kit actually. I'll be modeling it as the Waffenschule 10, West Germany bird of january 1959. (kit decals)

I'm not good at metal finishes so this is the alternate in the kit. Looks pretty cool though I must say.

Well either way I'm building it so off to work.

Ha I'm stupid looks like this is supposed to end 30 OCT. Doubt I'll get it done by then.

But may be close.

lol

Edited by Bigasshammm