• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My first one

Its the Hobbyboss F-86F-30 so a pretty easy kit. Markings are taken from one of my Fujimi doner sabres (wings went to an Aussie sabre).

1stSqn3.jpg

1stSqn2.jpg

Markings for 1st Sqn JSDF Hamamatsi AB 1956

Cheers,

Julien

• 2 weeks later...

And seeing as the paint schemes are basically the same.......... Here is an Academy 1/48 Canadair Sabre Mk 5. Sabre STU CFB Chatham around 1967 68. This is the currently flying Sabre 6 Golden Hawk making the Canadian air-show circuit.

DSC_0092-1.jpg

DSC_0090-1.jpg

DSC_0093-1.jpg

Here's my F-100, finished. Still need to add a couple bombs under the outer pylons,

as soon as I get them painted.

026.jpg

Patrick et all..STUNNING build.... :coolio:

Edited by Julien (UK)
multi pic quote removed
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

ZOOMER / Julien,

Thanks guys. It was the Kinetic 1/32 scale Sabre. A few minor issues but the results were well worth the effort.

Entry # 2

1/48 Hasegawa Canadair Sabre 5

DSC_0001-4.jpg

Plenty of other photos of this model in the thread below.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Lovely Hun masterqq :)

Great pair of Sabres Mike :trolls:

Well, I finally finished.

1/32nd scale Italeri kit. OOTB

Game Workshop Mithril Silver, Chainmail and Bolt Gunmetal metallics.

Kit decals.

tn_FinishedF-86009.jpg

tn_FinishedF-86007.jpg

tn_FinishedF-86020.jpg

tn_FinishedF-86004.jpg

tn_FinishedF-86016.jpg

tn_FinishedF-86017.jpg

NOTES: I used the kit intake and exhaust plugs to avoid building the intake trunking or engine which saved a bit of time. The fit of the canopy was poor and the brittle plastic had a crack in it before I started but it's not too noticable. One of the wing fences was missing from the box so I left them both off. Other than that the build went ok. There is plenty of scope for additional improvements but I kept this one completely box stock as it's destined for my 10yr old nephew and probably won't survive too long..... :soapbox:

:wub:

Happy modelling all.

:wub:

I've had a great time so thanks for having me.

Lovely Hun masterqq :thumbsup:

Great pair of Sabres Mike :worship:

Well, I finally finished.

1/32nd scale Italeri kit. OOTB

Game Workshop Mithril Silver, Chainmail and Bolt Gunmetal metallics.

Kit decals.

tn_FinishedF-86009.jpg

NOTES: I used the kit intake and exhaust plugs to avoid building the intake trunking or engine which saved a bit of time. The fit of the canopy was poor and the brittle plastic had a crack in it before I started but it's not too noticable. One of the wing fences was missing from the box so I left them both off. Other than that the build went ok. There is plenty of scope for additional improvements but I kept this one completely box stock as it's destined for my 10yr old nephew and probably won't survive too long..... <_<

:D

Happy modelling all.

:cheers:

I've had a great time so thanks for having me.

Killer finish to it!

Are the wing and fuselage yellow stripes decals on the 32nd scale or are they painted? I have a 72nd I'm working on (sadly too late for GB) and it has those as decals but I'm thinking painting them a much better idea. If I could get them too look that good though as decals that would save time.

That's a lucky 10 year old.

Edited by Julien (UK)

And here is me just limited to paint brush and whatever aerosol I can get my hands on.. :D I love that spray effect... very nice... I will keep trying to emulate that as well as I can

ok.. My completed 1:144 Trumpeter F86-40 Sabre JSDF

sabreporthighs.jpg

sabretop.jpg

bmfsclose.jpg

bmfsclose4.jpg

bmfsclose2.jpg

Currently some of the better images.. >_<

The sun is either FAR too bright.. or the light inside is far to blech....

The reason for the MiG21s is to illustrate some variations of 'bmf' - Humbrol 56 and the 'spray only' MM Steel. :cheers:

sabreangle.jpg

sabreglass.jpg

sabreside.jpg

It was neat.. it was a learning experience... and I will be buying some more trumpeter .. I have a YF23 and F22A on their way... if Lucky Models gets them too me...

Edited by Wege
And here is me just limited to paint brush and whatever aerosol I can get my hands on.. :lol: I love that spray effect... very nice... I will keep trying to emulate that as well as I can

ok.. My completed 1:144 Trumpeter F86-40 Sabre JSDF

sabreporthighs.jpg

Currently some of the better images.. >_<

The sun is either FAR too bright.. or the light inside is far to blech....

The reason for the MiG21s is to illustrate some variations of 'bmf' - Humbrol 56 and the 'spray only' MM Steel. :thumbsup:

sabreangle.jpg

It was neat.. it was a learning experience... and I will be buying some more trumpeter .. I have a YF23 and F22A on their way... if Lucky Models gets them too me...

For 144th scale that is stellar. Doesn't look that small at all. Nice work indeed.

Edited by Julien (UK)

Hi Wege, that's a sharp finish on your teeny Sabre. Good job :)

Are the wing and fuselage yellow stripes decals on the 32nd scale or are they painted? I have a 72nd I'm working on (sadly too late for GB) and it has those as decals but I'm thinking painting them a much better idea. If I could get them too look that good though as decals that would save time.

Hi Bigasshammm, thanks for the kind words. The yellow and black banding are decals and went on well but they do obscure some of the fine surface detail to a degree. Painting the stripes would give a better finish IMHO. :doh:

Cheers,

:coolio:

Hi Wege, that's a sharp finish on your teeny Sabre. Good job <_<

Hi Bigasshammm, thanks for the kind words. The yellow and black banding are decals and went on well but they do obscure some of the fine surface detail to a degree. Painting the stripes would give a better finish IMHO. ;)

Cheers,

:P

Those turned out great then for being decals of that size. I may try one on one of the wings after I finish the metal finish. Would save a lot of time and finish it up faster opening up room for some more projects.