1/35 MH-60R (based on Acadamy UH-60L kit)

Another small update.

I finished the passenger seat. Had to assume some things, But I think it's mostly correct.

Also updated the sonobouy launcher to match the current version. I didn't change the frame as it will not be visible amongst all the clutter.

Here's the link: http://gallery.me.com/chasejk/100013

Also, thanks for all of the kind remarks. I do find it kind of funny considering the source of the compliments. You are all fabulous modelers and have no reason to give me so much credit. I study your builds to get ideas. I wish I could finish the way you all do. :worship:

• 2 weeks later...

Another small update. It's probably the last update for a month or so. We are getting close to closing on a house we are buying, so it's pack up and move everything again. Luckily it's only about 1.5 miles away, so it won't be that bad. Anyway, here's the update:

http://gallery.me.com/chasejk/100013 at the end of the gallery as always.

I have been spending most of my time doing fit checks and fit checks and more fit checks. The last thing I want is for this thing to get all effed up while I'm trying to glue the halves together.

In this update:

• Added some much needed detail to the overhead console. Still need to add some decals for some button effect.

• Added the door vent hoses to the firewall.

• fixed the foot pedals for proper height.

• Added some details to the rear cabin roof panel. Still need to add some hoses.

• Started work on the side closeout panels.

• Adjusted side landing gear fairings. Drilled new accurate holes for functioning landing gear (spring loaded).

Things yet to do:

• Fix windows on crew door and cabin window. Kit windows are too narrow (.100").

• Finish interior closeout panels.

• Design all the decals and send them out to Joseph for printing. Maybe I'll do this during the next few weeks while I am setting up my new workspace. Tried the inkjet decals and found those to be about as fun as a rock fight. Wouldn't even come off the sheet without curling up and folding in on itself. I might try it again later when the humidity drops.

• Still have a few more details in the cockpit to build. I would ignore these but, I'm planning to...

• Open both cockpit doors using actual hinges machined out of brass. The struggle is finding a suitable way of attaching them to the fuselage. There is very little space to work with and I don't want to find the doors laying on the ground a year from now because the glue gave way. So, some 3D CAD modeling is in order, then trial and error to get it right.

• Of course, all the details on the outside after it's all buttoned up.

That's all for now. Comments and criticisms are always welcome.

John

• 2 weeks later...
John, as you know good refrence photos make all the difference and I thought you might need this in case you hadn't seen it yet;

http://scaleplasticandrail.com/kaboom/inde...ent/article/405

Keep up the awesome work! Everett

Thanks for the link. MH-60R walk-arounds are hoard to come by. My boss was there and didn't tell me. I could have had him take a few snapshots of the interior for me.

• 2 months later...

It's been a few months, but now that the summer weather is over and I don't have a bunch of trees to cut up and move off the lawn (big wind storm here in July), I've started working on the Seahawk again. Not much of an update, but it was about 8 hours worth of work to get it to this stage. The cockpit is almost done and now I can move backward thru the cabin and add some much needed detail.

Thanks to Mason (doupnik) for his excellent pics. All of this detail would be lost without his help.

Here's the link: http://gallery.me.com/chasejk/100013

It's good to be back in the modeling mode. Only problem is that with the move I have to find all of my tools and supplies.

Thanks for looking. ALL comments are welcome.

Wow, you get realy deep into details, correcting them or making them new. I just took the time to go through all the pics.

Amazing.

Hope you find quickly your tools, I look forward to see more updates

Norbert

Wow, you get realy deep into details, correcting them or making them new. I just took the time to go through all the pics.

Amazing.

Hope you find quickly your tools, I look forward to see more updates

Norbert

Thanks Norbert. I can always count on you to give me a good shot of encouragement.

Hi

I just looked at all of your photos on your build from the start. There is no doubt in my mind that you blow me out of the water with your skills. you are truly talented....I am the one learning from you.

Oliver

John

Looking real good. Just awesome work. :lol: Those ESM antennas are great!

What markings are you going to do?

BTW, no Romeos at Miramar, so no new pics.

mason

Thanks. I haven't decided on markings yet, but I plan to do just basic gray with squadron markings. No special tail art versions. That would be very easy to screw up. I have no allegiances, so it will probably be the one I hove to most pics of. Even still, there are 3 shades of gray on the seahawk and luckily Testors makes all 3.

The ESM antennas are one of the parts I had actual dimensions to work with. Sure made it easier to build.

I guess it's not surprising that you didn't see any Romeos at Miramar after the Lake Tahoe incident. :rolleyes:

Thanks for all of your help with the photos.

• 1 month later...

http://gallery.me.com/chasejk/100013 - Updates at the bottom as usual. There is a video in this one. Patience while it loads.

Here's a few update pics. I've been less than motivated because of the seat belts. I am scratching all of the buckles by hand (don't look too close, not accurate and ugly) and with 4 seats with 5 point harnesses that makes for some boring work. I took a small break from that and worked on the interior walls and a few last cockpit details. I also installed the cabin lighting system. My lights aren't per the actual bird, but I didn't want all that detail to be lost in the shadows, so I rigged up a 3v LED lighting system.

I'll be happy to be finished with the interior. I'm anxious to get busy on the exterior, but I promised myself that I wouldn't do any more on the outside until I finished the interior. Mostly, it's all ceiling and wall details. I really need to get my decals designed so I can get them on order.

Thanks for looking. Advice and criticism is always welcome.

John

http://gallery.me.com/chasejk/100013 - Updates at the bottom as usual. There is a video in this one. Patience while it loads.

Here's a few update pics. I've been less than motivated because of the seat belts. I am scratching all of the buckles by hand (don't look too close, not accurate and ugly) and with 4 seats with 5 point harnesses that makes for some boring work. I took a small break from that and worked on the interior walls and a few last cockpit details. I also installed the cabin lighting system. My lights aren't per the actual bird, but I didn't want all that detail to be lost in the shadows, so I rigged up a 3v LED lighting system.

I'll be happy to be finished with the interior. I'm anxious to get busy on the exterior, but I promised myself that I wouldn't do any more on the outside until I finished the interior. Mostly, it's all ceiling and wall details. I really need to get my decals designed so I can get them on order.

Thanks for looking. Advice and criticism is always welcome.

John

Good Lord. What an incredible build. Man, you are talented. I love the lights inside.

OLiver

John

:lol: :jaw-dropping:

That interior is looking great! I like the sonobuoy launchers and their wiring, and the pilots seats are great, the framing is beautiful!

Really looking forward to seeing this one come together, it's really looking awesome.

mason

You might want to see the MH-60R we painted for the Centennial of Naval Aviation...Have you seen that yet?

Rich Dann

I have not seen it. Link? Do you have any detail photos that you could share?