Rally round the BONE!!!!

Been a while and we haven’t heard anything so I thought we should stir the pot again…. For those of you who want to see a 1/72 correction set for the revell B-1B shout out here!! For those of you who don’t care, please don’t hijack the thread……

Here is a list of the things we need really badly:

- Featherless Exhaust

- ALE-50 fairings

- ECM blister under the tail

- Nosecone and Tailcone

- Pylon for the sniper pod

Here is a list of things we want really badly:

- Bomb bays

- Rotary launchers – conventional and SRAM types

Maybe some that I didn’t cover and feel free to add………………

I would be in favor of all that is listed for my bone's. It would be nice if someone would do a flap set so a person could drop the flaps and a nice cockpit detail set which would include the boarding ladder. Dan

For the 100 billionth time yes..... I heard they are making one in 2013. Right after the world ends.

This would be a treat tho. How much work would it take to do those first five?

Def. need those in a set.

ALE-50

Sniper XR

Featherless exhaust

Nose/Tailcone

Saw a guy on the web use a styrene cutout and bore a hole in a candle poured in some resin.... had a new nosecone and tailcone in about five minutes. That said, I dont want to make one like that because Id like the shape to be exact. Just saying, I bet a set like this could be out in a month with some hustle. Id throw down for three sets of them right off the bat if someone would step up to the plate. H#ll Id front you the money for three sets if your a reputable vendor.

Wat it comes down to is the fact that I cant scratchbuild any of this myself because Im to picky about details. So ill just sit here and moan and see if I get some attention.....hahaha

Is this a squeaky wheel gets the grease thread?? We would love to do 1/72 but it is so small!! :)

Lol what!?!? no no no its bigger than your vulcan,your tu-22, your su-25 and all that stuff.... Plus everyone wants one real bad. Just look at the B-1B builders thread!

Half the people in there want a 1/72 set. And considering the CE nozzles are long gone and the ease of making the other stuff. Opportunity right there. Opportunity.

I remember waaay back in 2004 when golden dragon was going to do a set.... basically an ENTIRE 1/72 B-1B kit with ALL the goodies...3 bays....3 rotary launchers, 3 1000lb carry racks and man were people going crazy!!! Then guess what? They fell appart. Toooo bad.

Id bet youd sell more B-1B update sets with those five things than some of the other things......although I like looking at your work.

So, lets ask can we PLEASE for the love of saint marian joseph see a 72nd BONE update?

Well, that list is a good start, but having done this myself, let me add a few more things.

The area between the engine nozzles needs updating

There is a bulge on the outside flank of the engine pods that should be included

RCS deflectors inside the inlets are missing

Triangular bumps in front of the inlets on the bottom of the wing are missing

Pitot tubes (3 per side) needed on nose

Exhaust vents by crew entry door missing

GPS dome on top of fuselage

Vortex generators on tail missing

There are vents or inlets between weapon bay and engine pods that are missing

Antennas on top of fuselage between cockpit and wings missing

Chaff & Flare dispensers on top of fuselage missing (decals probably the best way to go here)

Exhaust vents on fuselage above wing missing

Wing sweep mechanism to address that big hole when the wings are swept forward

Horizontal tail about half as thick as the kit tail would be nice.

Plugs for the weapon bay doors with the correct sized doors

I may have missed something since I don't have the model in front of me, but this is a pretty good starting point. I've already done AI artwork for the wing/horz tail walkways, white canopy outline, chaff & flare dispensers, and various antennas on the belly of the jet if some enterprising decal company is interested... I've added some photos of my model that show most of these changes.

Bottom line--there is a lot needed to update the kit, but the basic shape isn't all that bad.

060703_b1b_wings_6.jpg

060703_b1b_nose_5.jpg

060703_b1b_tail_4.jpg

060703_b1b_belly_3.jpg

060703_b1b_lrq_2.jpg

060703_b1b_flq_1.jpg

Edited by mrvark
Gents:

Hang in there. Some of your wishes are on my list. The Sniper pylon and the ALE-50 fairings will be the first out the door later this year.

Mark S.

Spectre Resin

Good man Mark!! :)

Gents:

Hang in there. Some of your wishes are on my list. The Sniper pylon and the ALE-50 fairings will be the first out the door later this year.

Mark S.

Spectre Resin

Mark,

Let me know if you need pics. I've got some from last summer that didn't go to use.

Gents:

Mark S.

Spectre Resin

Awesome, what kind of time frame we talkin here? Would be really really nice to have those five main things in a set in oh maybe end of june?? Haha not but really thank you soooo much mark. Cant wait to see the stuff!!!

I would be in favor of all that is listed for my bone's. It would be nice if someone would do a flap set so a person could drop the flaps and a nice cockpit detail set which would include the boarding ladder. Dan

Goffy model has the cockpit with ladder available. It has been around a few years but I just found it this week online.

Quite some time ago, Goffy Models talked about other update sets (i.e. weapon bays and landing gear bays) but I haven't seen or heard anything from them. Does anybody know if their coming with anything new on the B-One front?

/Kristian

For the time being we are concentrating on the 1/48 kit so get out there and get Mark to do more for you in 1/72 folks!! :)

In the B-1B thread two mikes said there would be 1/72 B-1B stuff after they finished up the vulcan stuff......what happened the 1/48 looked more attractive? Though Im happy Mark stepped up to the plate on this one.

Hi again!

I wrote to GoffyModels asking about the B-1B updates they rumored about and here's the answer I just got:

>Dear Kristian,

>bomb bay b1b will be available during this summer! Check our webpage www.goffymodel.com for information and ordering.

>

>With best regards

>

>Petr Zatrepalek

Sounds pretty good, right? :banana:

I just hope it will include (separate or combined) the rotary launcher... :pray:

/Kristian

Edited by KRI76
Hi again!

I wrote to GoffyModels asking about the B-1B updates they rumored about and here's the answer I just got:

>Dear Kristian,

>bomb bay b1b will be available during this summer! Check our webpage www.goffymodel.com for information and ordering.

>

>With best regards

>

>Petr Zatrepalek

Sounds pretty good, right? :banana:

I just hope it will include (separate or combined) the rotary launcher... :pray:

/Kristian

Holy mama mia!!! I just hope they dont cost 1000$!!! The cockpit set is like 50 bucks!! But yeam this is good news!!!