1624.jpg

Those are TER's on the parent bomb-racks, which in turn are on the Phoenix racks.

Can't remember where I seen it, but it was mentioned that the TER's were just used when using LGTR's. Or where they used for Snakeyes or MK82's also ?

My Trump Cat comes with LGTR's but no TER's. And I was thinking of fitting something else anyway, but if the LGTR's always need TER's, then I'm sure I need to think of something else.

Can't remember where I seen it, but it was mentioned that the TER's were just used when using LGTR's. Or where they used for Snakeyes or MK82's also ?

Not that I'm aware of - the only things on Tomcatmounted TERS I have seen are practice bombs, be it of the dumb (BDU-33 / Mk 77, not the full size inert Mk 80 series) or the LGTR guided variant.

HTH,

Andre

Edited by Andre
Not that I'm aware of - the only things on Tomcatmounted TERS I have seen are practice bombs, be it of the dumb (BDU-33 / Mk 77, not the full size inert Mk 80 series) or the LGTR guided variant.

HTH,

Andre

The only things carried on the ITER were Mk 76 practice bombs, LUU-2 paraflares (or equivalent flare cannisters), LGTR's, and the TALD. Mk 80 series bombs, live or inert, were carried on parent rack only. LGTR and TALD were carried on the bottom ITER sub-stations only. If more than one was to be carried, more than one ITER was configured.

Edited by Nick Kessel

OBTW, the little box on top of the RIO's glare shield on the F-14D is the Sensor Slaving Panel, not an "RWR Box". Also don't forget the little rear-facing ECM antenna on the top of the starboard vertical stab, just under the SAC light. It was a little hockey puck in size, but in 1/48 or 1/32 it is big enough to be a noticeable little bump. ONLY the F-14D has this antenna...

ROVER WAS UNIQUE TO VF-31 AND VF-213 FOR THE TIME FRAME OF DECEMBER 2005 TO FEBRUARY 2006 ONLY. APART FROM A NON-FLYING TEST AIRFRAME THAT WAS USED IN VF-101, NO OTHER SQUADRONS CARRIED ROVER. ALL 22 TOMCATS FROM THE FINAL CRUISE WERE MODDED.

All F-14D aircraft could carry TARPS, though not at the same time as LANTIRN. It is physically possible to carry both simultaneously, but one of the two would be dead weight that would take the place of fuel they could trap with. Thus, every time an F-14D was uploaded with TARPS, the LANTIRN came off.

The F-14D also had a separate HUD, which was unique to the Tomcat until the last couple years of the B when their VDI was modified to include a dedicated HUD with combiner glass.

Edited by Nick Kessel
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just as a heads up (and no not a heads up your a...)

scalesky.com in China has posted a first look at the Hobbyboss Tomcat

http://www.scalesky.com/review/model-kit/0...14a-tomcat.html

Use google translate for the body of text - it is a pretty good robo translation and click on the pics for larger images

Matt

Edited by Matt Roberts
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...