Hellcat wheels.

Hi guys, about to start my 32nd scale Trumpeter F6F-5N & discovered the wheels/tyres look anorexic are there any aftermarket replacements available, I've looked at True details & Mastercasters no luck thought I'd got lucky with Heritage but the set they do have a diamond pattern tread & the later cats seem to have had an almost smooth pattern tyre.

Thanks Andy. :rofl:

Andy, Not to take away from your point on your thread but I was wondering if you are anyone else can explain the difference between the F6F3 and F6F5? I'm thinking about getting one myself. I normally build jets and I'm not up to speed with WW2 props. TIA

Mike

Andy, Not to take away from your point on your thread but I was wondering if you are anyone else can explain the difference between the F6F3 and F6F5? I'm thinking about getting one myself. I normally build jets and I'm not up to speed with WW2 props. TIA

Mike

Hi Mike, there's probably a lot more guys on here better qualified with all the differences, but as far as I know the biggest is the 3's had the glazing behind the pilot & the later 5 it was blanked off, not sure if only the 5's had the ability to carry under wing rockets .

HTH Andy. :)