Ladies and Gentlemen, pull up a chair, put the cat out, drop the kids off at their aunt's, and take the phone off the hook. Time to go see Iron Man 2 tonight...

iron-man-2-trailer_1.jpg

Good choice!

I saw it for the second time last night, and it was STILL awesome!

The opening shot of ironman jumping out of the plane with ACDC's 'Shoot to thrill' blaring got me grinning like an idiot :monkeydance:

Denzil

I went last afternoon, but left halfway through because some &$^%#%#)# prepubescent kids kept shrieking and shouting at each other all through the bloody movie. Hushing them didn't help, and appearantly you can't smack them anymore.

Why go to the movies if you just want to talk at earsplitting levels... argh. Oh well, I'll make another attempt this weekend.

Cheers,

Andre

Andre - that's too bad. I hope you get another chance this weekend.

I have to admit, the theater I went to was packed, but everyone was very well behaved, and clearly interested in the movie (not always the case when you go see a picture these days).

I should have time somewhere this weekend. On the upside, I have a subscription on my local cinema (for a monthly fee you can go to the movies unlimited), so it won't cost me an extra ticket - one of the reasons I walked out.

What I did see was good, tho' - another good role from Rourke.

Sigh... I'm in my thirties, so not that old, but I still fondly recall the era when it was generally considered rude to open your mouth during the main feature...

Cheers,

Andre

I hear in the third movie, the Iron Man suit is going to have nipples

What..they've signed Schumacher to direct?

Whoa, I had no idea they were making a sequel !

Stephen Colbert was lamenting the lack of advertising for the film last night. He was upset that the trailer hadn't yet been pumped into the feeding tubes of the comatose, or into the graves of the recently deceased.

SN

Stephen Colbert was lamenting the lack of advertising for the film last night. He was upset that the trailer hadn't yet been pumped into the feeding tubes of the comatose, or into the graves of the recently deceased.

I hear they also overlooked the neo-natal care rooms in maternity wards.

I don't think the advertising for IM2 is anywhere near like it was for, say ... Avatar ...

They even wrote the Avatar release into the plot of an episode of BONES ... :jaw-dropping:

Before it was even out ... Talk about product placement ... :)

Gregg