Guys....see this HC-130N? >>> here. I'm planning to do this A/C. Does anyone out there know if there is a decal set for this rare livery? I will be building in 72nd scale...either Italeri or AMT kits.

Thanks!

Paul

Edited by pminer

You didn't mention a scale, but the good news is that while I don't know if any decals were/are available for that scheme. Most of it should be fairly easy to reproduce, either by masking & painting or by solid color decals. The most difficult part will be the Military Airlift Command badge located just forward of the vertical yellow and black stripe. The rest is pretty straight-forward.

You didn't mention a scale, but the good news is that while I don't know if any decals were/are available for that scheme. Most of it should be fairly easy to reproduce, either by masking & painting or by solid color decals. The most difficult part will be the Military Airlift Command badge located just forward of the vertical yellow and black stripe. The rest is pretty straight-forward.

Yep...good reply. I want to make a 72nd scale bird. (either Italeri or AMT kits) The MAC Badge may be a little hard to find. But I was hoping I wouldn't have to go on a scavenger hunt for decals.

Thanks for the info..

Paul

I'm 100% positive there are no decals for that scheme, especially since it would be a fairly hefty conversion from a standard C-130. Superscale (or it may have been Microscale, predating Superscale) did a sheet of USAF badges that had the MAC badge on it. Otherwise it's standard MAC markings of the 1970s/80s.

J

Gents,

In 1/72 scale you have two options for a HC-130N:

1. A California ANG bird

2. One based in Vietnam

Both are SEA camo.

Wolfpak sheet 72-021

http://www.millcreekconsultants.com/WP72-4.html

Regards,

Mark

Awesome. That's a start. I'm going to have to piece-meal it I think. If I could find a MAC badge in 72nd and the yellow & black stripe, I'd be a happy camper. I don't want to paint it if I don't have to.

Thanks guys

Paul

Gents,

In 1/72 scale you have two options for a HC-130N:

1. A California ANG bird

2. One based in Vietnam

Both are SEA camo.

Wolfpak sheet 72-021

http://www.millcreekconsultants.com/WP72-4.html

Regards,

Mark

Mark,

Not to hijack the thread, but thanks for the info. on Wolfpak decals - I had never heard of them. Looks like they have some nice stuff, sure would be awesome if they could reduce some of their sheets to 1/144 scale (B-47s, B-52s, etc.)!

-Derek

Edited by viking73
Awesome. That's a start. I'm going to have to piece-meal it I think. If I could find a MAC badge in 72nd and the yellow & black stripe, I'd be a happy camper. I don't want to paint it if I don't have to.

Thanks guys

Paul

If you prefer not to paint the stripe, than just get your hands on some yellow and black decal film and trim to fit. Your other option is to purchase some custom made decal stripes, although that might be expensive. The bonus of going that route is that you could also have the MAC badges printed as well.

I'm 100% positive there are no decals for that scheme, especially since it would be a fairly hefty conversion from a standard C-130. Superscale (or it may have been Microscale, predating Superscale) did a sheet of USAF badges that had the MAC badge on it. Otherwise it's standard MAC markings of the 1970s/80s.

J

Jennings...have you got any idea where I could get that decal sheet of USAF badges? Or just a MAC badge from any decal sheet...?

Thanks!

Paul

No clue where you could find the unit badge sheet. It goes back to the 1970s.

Re the tail stripe - it's NOT black and yellow!! It's Insignia Blue and yellow with white letters. All of the MAC markings were blue & yellow.

J

when it is a grey herk...maybe the decal sheet from DACO is usuable? At least the stencils, and the sheet is really good!

www.ultra.glo.be/daco/

If you can find the Heller C-118 Liftmaster kit, it has the MAC badge, but it is a bit undersized. It has much of the lettering and stars and bars that you need. (the lettering is black, but acceptable) You will have to scrounge up the white RESCUE lettering in the tail band, but the old Academy SB-17G has it in black. You could use it to make a stencil or copy it in white, if that is possible. You will have to redo the nose number on the yellow block and the tail band and scrounge up the AFOUA ribbon behind the front door.

From the background, I'd say that 820 was with the 67th ARRS. The 71st added arctic red on the nose, wing tips and tail, as well as 71st ARRS on the nose.

Hope that this will help,

Best wishes,

Grant

when it is a grey herk...maybe the decal sheet from DACO is usuable? At least the stencils, and the sheet is really good!

www.ultra.glo.be/daco/

Even for the SEA camo this set is usable, as the brown & green painted stencilling is included in DCD7249 aside the standard black stencilling...

Danny

www.ultra.glo.be/daco/

Thanks!.....and which decal sheet are we talking about? :banana: