Good day,

I am needing some help on a subject of the 1969 F-4j Blue Angels.

I am looking for the BuNo of 1 through 7 aircraft. Also the names of the pilots that were on the Team at the time.

Last, I was wondering if there was a F-4j Blue Angels #8 in 1969?

If so, what was the pilot's name and BuNo of the aircraft?

Thank you.

Welcome to ARC ...

Here is a list of the Blue Angels Bu Nos ...

>>> Clicky <<<

It has the Phantoms on there but it doesn't say which were what Blue Jets at any particular time ...

They were rotated often, after all ... I also have never seen a Blues "#8" Phantom photo ...

Gregg

Have they ever actually had a marked #8 as such? Currently they have two #7's and at one time the only distinquishing difference between them was one had a small blue "7" inside the yellow top fin stripe and of course BuNo and names. I haven't seen the small blue "7" on them in a while though.

Bill

Have they ever actually had a marked #8 as such? Currently they have two #7's and at one time the only distinquishing difference between them was one had a small blue "7" inside the yellow top fin stripe and of course BuNo and names. I haven't seen the small blue "7" on them in a while though.

Bill

Bill, I only recall seeing some of the Blues support aircraft marked with a #8 in that past ...

Gregg

Ryan,

The Yellowhammer decals would get me to #6 and their pilot's too.

Thank you.

Decals are not needed but the instruction sheet would be better.

With names, BuNo, and the # of the aircraft in which they go to.

thank you again.

Bill, I only recall seeing some of the Blues support aircraft marked with a #8 in that past ...

Gregg

I do remember the Blues going the Moscow and they had Blues 8 which was a F/A-18d. Before then I have only seen them go to 7; but I wanted to make sure.

I have seen the F-4e Thunderbirds using a 7 and 8 during 1969. Kewl picture.

Barry

Interesting, I've seen blank tailed F-4Js, A-4Fs, F/A-18A/Bs, #4 on the F/A-18B, two #7 F/A-18Bs in the same flight but never a #8 Hornet ... :coolio:

Gregg

Interesting, I've seen blank tailed F-4Js, A-4Fs, F/A-18A/Bs, #4 on the F/A-18B, two #7 F/A-18Bs in the same flight but never a #8 Hornet ... :coolio:

Gregg

history:

On November 8th, 1986, the Blue Angels celebrate their 40th anniversary. During the ceremony goes the presentation of the new squadron's airplane - MDD F/A-18 Hornet. To the team are added two more two-seated F/A-18B with numbers 7 and 8.

Ryan,

The Yellowhammer decals would get me to #6 and their pilot's too.

Thank you.

Decals are not needed but the instruction sheet would be better.

With names, BuNo, and the # of the aircraft in which they go to.

thank you again.

Click on the pics for Full size scans of the Yellowhamer Instructions.

YH04801_002a.jpg

YH04801_003a.jpg