Saw these decals and had to have them. Props to Aztec Decals in Mexico. I don't like doing NMF so I like to find exotic schemes to do instead. Kit was build OOB. Airbrushed black and future. Discription says gloss black but I thought that would not look right if it was too shiney so I went with semi gloss. As for Tamiya, I love their kits. They go together super smooth with few or no seams at all. My opinion of course. I can't find my decal instruction sheet with the details but if I remember correctly, this plane was flown by a Barzillian colonel who intercepted a flight a B-29's. I'll have research it a bit more. Had a couple black and white pics as well. There is a camo shark mouth P-51 that will be next on the list. Enough from me, how about some pics? -Chris

1k6ieu0p1e81anrw9k0g.jpg

ee5f7kf07idyimvm3sqq.jpg

ux4a10ax4852qejithxh.jpg

l7q2zsb5a9y7col664n2.jpg

Nice build sir! Those are Dominican btw :thumbsup: also unfortunaly it should be a P51 A. The first 2 P51s the Dominican republibc recieved where's As one silver, one black (el blanquito y el negrito) but you got the essence perfetctly! Who makes those decals? I have a set of 15 yo aeromasters waiting to go on my p47

Never mind, you got it right

Called my dad and he corrected me.

"Unit: Escuadron de Caza Ramfis

Serial: AMD-405 (s/n.1705)

In 1948. The airplane did not carry any national emblems on the sides. This aircraft was used for spying and photo reconnaissance over the training camps of exiled Dominicans and the 'Legion del Caribe' (Caribbean Legion) opposing Trujillo in Cuba, Venezuela, and Guatemala.

Also nice work on the weathering

During the Trujillo Dictatorship Planes in the Dominican Air force where kept in pristine condition

not even a spec of dust =)